Director of Finance and Corporate Services
|Job Title:||Director of Finance and Corporate Services|
|Contact Name:||Stuart Thomson|
|Job Published:||April 08, 2019 17:51|
Nacro is a highly successful charity that champions social justice and puts crime reduction and prevention at its core. By addressing social exclusion, inequality of opportunity and deprivation in order to help vulnerable people, we change people’s lives and help them reach their fullest potential.
Nacro has approximately 950 employees and a projected annual turnover of £65m for the current financial year, with offices in both London and Birmingham. This role will be London based and require the successful candidate to spend 2 days per week in Birmingham.
Working as part of the Executive Leadership Team reporting to a dynamic and commercially astute Chief Executive, the Director of Finance and Corporate Services duties will include;
- Providing financial and strategic leadership to Nacro by working closely with the CEO, Trustees and fellow ELT members and providing high quality financial information and advice
- Leading on strategic financial planning for the organisation including the ongoing appraisal of Nacro’s activities and new business propositions
- Leading a team of 60 across Finance, ICT, Risk and Assurance, Legal and Compliance and Management Information acting as a leadership role model at all times
- Ensuring all financial controls and statutory obligations are met in a timely fashion and to the satisfaction of the external auditors
- Oversee the ICT strategy and wider technology agenda ensuring it is aligned to the needs of the business, with a focus on digitalisation to contribute to growth and financial sustainability.
On offer is an excellent package including 25 days’ annual leave increasing by 1 day each year to a maximum of 30 days, and the opportunity to take responsibility for an essential part of a thriving not for profit organisation.
Joining a strong Executive Leadership Team, you will have constant exposure to the Board, meaning that this role can be an excellent stepping stone towards a Chief Executive position further down the line.
The ideal Director of Finance and Corporate Services will:
- Be a senior finance professional with a demonstrable ability to lead a large team and provide commercially focused finance advice to what is a complex organisation with several different revenue streams
- Have impeccable attention to detail, high level of technical competence and a natural flair for communicating with a non-financial audience of all levels
- Have an outstanding track record of leading finance functions in commercial environments, in any economic sector. Any experience of working in a service delivery organisation where contract margins are tight is desirable.
The closing date for applications is Sunday 28th April. Applications will be under constant review before the closing date, so please submit your CV to our Retained Search Agents, Robertson Bell, without delay.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Director of Finance
£350.00 - £450.00 per day
Head of Finance and Operations
£55000 - £65000 per annum + part-time, flexible working
Director of Financial Planning and Performance
£125,000 plus £8,000 car plus benefits
Assistant Finance Director
£500.00 - £600.00 per day