Director of Finance
|Job Title:||Director of Finance|
|Salary:||£70k - 80k per year|
|Contact Name:||Katie Wilson-Smith|
|Job Published:||April 22, 2021 18:09|
Want to work for a small but inspiring charity and lead their finance team? Are you seeking a role that offers strategic responsibilities as well as a hands-on approach? Do you have demonstrable senior experience in the charitable sector? If yes, please read on!
Robertson Bell are currently working with this awe inspiring charity to help them recruit a new Director of Finance. Reporting into the Chief Executive you would be fully responsible for all aspects of financial management, the treasury function, statutory accounting and overseeing all governance, policies and procedures. Responsibilities for this role will also include:
- Present to the Board of Trustees and senior management team.
- Lead on the budgeting and forecasting process.
- Suggest improvements to enable accounting development and provide training to relevant staff.
- Submit annual and monthly returns and deal with all tax and VAT queries.
- Develop finance processes and ensure systems are always performing to the required standard.
- Lead on the preparation of year end accounts and liaise with external auditors.
- Support the production of the management accounts.
- Measure the treasury function and develop the long-term cash flow.
- Management of a small team, providing training, leadership and motivation.
- Oversee the risk register and report regularly to the audit committee.
- Lead on the digitisation of finance processes.
This charity has a head office in central London and is devoted to meeting the needs of disadvantaged children. This Director of Finance role would be offered on a full time basis, but the working pattern is completely flexible. This opportunity would best suit someone with previous experience in a number one or two finance role within the not-for-profit sector. This charity is about to move to brand new, state of the art headquarters and with a new CEO this is an exciting time to join!
This successful candidate will be:
- A qualified Accountant (ideally ACA or ACCA).
- Experienced in the charity sector.
- Experienced leading on the budgeting and forecasting process.
- An experienced people manager.
- Experienced leading on the year end process.
- Confident suggesting process improvements.
- An excellent communicator.
If interested, please do not delay in applying as CV’s will be reviewed daily.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Director of Finance and Resources
£55k - 60k per year
£40,000 - 50,000 pa depending on hours
Head of Finance
£36,720 - 44,880 per year
Head of Finance and Operations
£55k - 60k per year
Head of Finance - Fast Growing London Charity
£58000 - £60000 per annum