Director of Finance
|Job Title:||Director of Finance|
|Salary:||£80k per year|
|Contact Name:||Katie Wilson-Smith|
|Job Published:||January 15, 2021 13:58|
Farm Africa are partnering exclusively with Robertson Bell to recruit to a Director of Finance role on a permanent, full time basis. For more than 35 years Farm Africa has worked with farmers, helping them to increase their harvests, build their incomes and sustain their natural resources. They do this by working closely with local communities, partnering with governments and the private sector to find effective ways to fight poverty.
Farm Africa are now seeking an exceptional Director of Finance to provide outstanding leadership and expertise to strategically manage finance and other control functions. This role also plays a vital role providing broader leadership in the delivery of the ambitious strategy, and is a crucial business partner to the CEO, the SMT, and the board treasurer.
The key responsibilities will be:
- Responsible for accounting including the production of the annual accounts for the Charity & its subsidiaries, financial planning, the production of management accounts and all banking & cash management.
- Provide strategic input to the development of the organisation’s strategy and future growth plans, thinking beyond own direct areas of responsibility.
- Together with the Chief Executive, develop annual and medium-term financial plans for Farm Africa ensuring the longer term financial sustainability of the organisation.
- Set the strategic direction and annual objectives for the finance function, covering UK head office and Africa-based teams.
- Line manage the Head of Finance, and support Country Directors in their line management of country Finance leads.
- Ensure that financial risks throughout Farm Africa’s activities are identified and ensure that appropriate processes are in place to monitor and mitigate them.
- Act as the key staff contact for the Finance, Risk and Audit committee (FRAC), ensuring (together with the Treasurer) that meetings take place regularly, agendas are appropriate and that the committee discharges its devolved responsibilities on behalf of the board.
- Ensure all financial activity is compliant with relevant charity and statutory legislation and donor / contractual requirements.
Farm Africa operates in East Africa, with offices in Ethiopia, Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda, with a Head Office in London. There is a finance team of four based in the UK, with other finance staff dispersed around the organisation, including country offices and field offices.
Farm Africa is embarking on a new five year strategy and is recruiting for a new Director of Finance to lead the financial management of the organisation through a period of growth. Building on foundation of strong financial planning and control and of exceptional audit compliance they are seeking an experienced and dynamic new Director to join their team.
The successful candidate will have a recognised accountancy qualification, in-depth understanding of financial management in a complex grant-dependant organisation, experience of strategic planning and an aptitude for controls such as governance, risk management and the charity legal environment.
Farm Africa’s UK office is based in central London, however, we are flexible on working location and will consider substantial home working.
The closing date for applications is 9:00am on Monday 15th February 2021. Applications will be under constant review before the closing date so please submit your application to our retained search agent Robertson Bell. Apply now to be considered!
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Head of Finance
Up to £55000.00 per annum + excellent benefits
Finance Business Partner
£47k - 49k per year
Finance Manager- Management Accounts
£48000 - £50000 per annum
Senior Finance Manager
£55000.00 - £60000.00 per annum + benefits
Finance ERP Consultant
Wakefield, West Yorkshire
£55000 - £70000 per annum