Director of Finance
|Job Title:||Director of Finance|
|Salary:||£80000.00 - £100000.00 per annum + pension|
|Contact Name:||Andrew Wilson|
|Job Published:||November 02, 2020 17:25|
A fully qualified accountant with senior level stakeholder engagement is needed for this Exec Board role.
Your new company
The UK Centre for Ecology & Hydrology is a not-for-profit, independent research centre with over 50 years' experience of monitoring and modelling environmental change and generating evidence-driven solutions to complex environmental challenges. They seek to understand our environment, how it sustains life, and humanity's impact on it. Their 500 staff (across 4 UK sites) and post graduate students provide the data and understanding that governments, businesses and researchers need to build thriving human and ecological communities.
Your new role
I am seeking commercially aware and able candidates to join the five strong Executive Board to develop the best path of sustainable growth and investment for UKCEH as an organisation and enable realisation of their ambitions to further diversify their income base, particularly extending their international funding. Reporting to the Executive Director you will lead on business planning and financial strategy, analysing information effectively to provide strategic guidance to the Executive and Science Boards and Board of Trustee Directors. You will lead your 30 staff in Finance, Project Support Services and Procurement to ensure opportunities are maximised through strategic financial leadership and realise the benefits of the recently adopted Workday business system.
What you'll need to succeed
- With a track record of leading significant change, you will have excellent communication skills with all levels of stakeholder.
- You will be an effective leader and manager of finance functions who understands how to draw high performance from both your teams and across management boundaries.
- You will have proven ability to provide excellent strategic and operational financial advice at the Executive level, demonstrating understanding of financial strategies to ensure financial security and sustainability. Bringing an ability to command fine financial detail you will also contribute to creation of organisational vision.
- You will understand statutory, charitable and public sector funder financial requirements and how to effectively translate these into operational practices.
- You will bring a strong commitment to UKCEH mission and our values 'Excellence, Integrity and Teamwork'.
What you'll get in return
A very competitive salary and benefits package
Above statutory holiday allowance
Attractive rural location in Wallingford with plenty of free parking
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Head of Finance
Up to £55000.00 per annum + excellent benefits
Finance Business Partner
£47k - 49k per year
Finance Manager- Management Accounts
£48000 - £50000 per annum
Senior Finance Manager
£55000.00 - £60000.00 per annum + benefits
Finance ERP Consultant
Wakefield, West Yorkshire
£55000 - £70000 per annum