Director of Finance
|Job Title:||Director of Finance|
|Location:||City of London|
|Salary:||£90,000 - £100,000|
|Job Published:||June 20, 2019 17:03|
- Day-to-day management and strategic direction of the Company's finances
- Assist the Clerk (CEO) in the general management and operation of the Company
About Our Client
The Skinners' Company is one of the City of London's Great Twelve Livery Companies.
The Company has a long tradition of philanthropy, is incorporated by Royal Charter dating from 1327 and was the Guild of the Fur Trade until the 20th Century. It is now a major not-for-profit and membership organisation.
The objectives of the Company are to support education, to provide housing for the elderly and vulnerable, and to give charitable support to young and disadvantaged people.
The Company achieves these goals through its responsibility for seven schools, sheltered housing in London, its trusteeship of a number of charities and a wide range of activities at Skinners' Hall, its Grade I listed headquarters in the City. The Company holds significant investments and a substantial property portfolio.
Reporting to the Clerk (CEO equivalent), the Director of Finance has a strategic role to support the Clerk, the Court and its subordinate committees in the discharge of its financial and statutory responsibilities for Pellipar Services, Pellipar Investments (the Company's two operating subsidiaries) and 11 charitable entities, ensuring that the Company enjoys a stable financial future.
Key responsibilities include:
- Day-to-day management of the Company's finances according to the policies determined by the Court, Master & Wardens Committee, Finance and Investment Committees
- Assist the Clerk in the general management and operation of the Company, deputising for him/her when required
- Support the Clerk and the Court to develop and implement appropriate financial strategies to ensure the financial stability and long-term viability of the Company
- Support the Clerk, Master & Wardens Committee and Finance Committee in forward planning over a five-year period
- Financial management and administration of the Company's activities, including its charities, in accordance with all relevant regulations, legislation, custom and best practice
- Support the Chairman of the Investment Committee in all investment matters
- Monitor all Company and charity investments held by the appointed portfolio managers.
The Successful Applicant
The Company is looking for a CCAB qualified finance professional with significant post qualification experience covering a broad range of accounting skills and a proven track record of successful leadership in a senior financial role in a commercial, charitable or professional organistion.
- Commercially astute, articulate, technically strong, dynamic, insightful and influential leader with the ability to operate at both strategic and operational levels
- Proven experience of budget preparation, setting and monitoring and financial forecasting
- Proven experience in the development of appropriate financial strategies and initiatives
- Sound knowledge of investment management, including investment properties
- Substantial experience in working with and being accountable to Boards and Committees
- Highly motivated, with an enquiring mind and passion for excellence and innovation in pursuit of business growth and success
- Charismatic and approachable by all levels of employee
- Exudes gravitas, enjoys the confidence of senior members of the Court
Candidates should have appropriate experience and demonstrate outstanding leadership qualities combined with excellent communication skills, strategic vision and an empathy with the values of the Company.
What's on Offer
£90,000 - £100,000 plus benefits including generous pension contributions.
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Head of Finance & Administration
£44,000 Full time equivalent
£45000.00 - £50000.00 per annum
£45000.00 - £50000.00 per annum
US$9,200 - 10,000 per month
Senior Finance Analyst
£55000 - £65000 per annum + Benefits