2 days ago
Kreston Reeves LLP
Director of External Payroll Service. This role is a full time position, and task orientated rather than hours based.
Client Payroll Service
Across all offices of the firm which is based in London and the South East
Dependent on qualification and experience
The prime objective of this new role within the firm will be to increase the fees generated by our Client Payroll Service in line with senior management plans over the next 5 years. We would expect this to be achieved by internal growth and new work recruitment while increasing the contribution by evaluating the working arrangements of the team.
This role will involve you:
- Leading the firm’s Client Payroll offering driving it forward based on your strategic input;
- Contributing to the provision of an outstanding service to a diverse range of clients, providing support to partners, and being responsible for existing staff within the teams based in Kent and Sussex;
- Developing and creating new business from existing and new clients;
- Have a knowledge of the current market place and the advances in systems to ensure that our service provision is kept up to date;
- Initiate and lead change where required promoting a one team approach;
- Visiting all our offices on a regular basis to develop relationships with partners and staff;
- Visiting clients and prospects, with others where appropriate, to increase the level of income being generated;
- Develop the operational procedures of the payroll service to increase the contribution levels being generated;
- Undertake the role of People Manager and appraiser to other senior members of the team and taking responsibility with them for ensuring the wider team excel;
- Responsible for recruiting additional members of the team when required;
- Where necessary, liaise with colleagues across the firm to resolve urgent client payroll issues;
- Being aware of future developments and legislation changes before they happen, to ensure Kreston Reeves’ provision of these services is fully compliant;
- Demonstrating initiative and judgement at all times;
- Representing the firm in appropriate payroll forums within the UK together with other senior colleagues;
- Reporting to the Payroll Partner and be capable of presenting to the Management Board.
- CIPP Degree qualified or equivalent;
- Professional experience of running an external payroll service offering;
- Expertise in UK Taxation of employed income;
- Expertise in the payroll aspects of the UK pension legislation in respect of employees;
- General knowledge of the HR aspects of employment legislation, especially with regard to their impact on clients’ payroll procedures.
Personal Qualities and Attributes
The following qualities are desirable:
- Be capable of leading a large team across multiple sites (currently some 25 staff);
- Be able to work alongside partners and other senior colleagues;
- Good communication skills, both internally and with clients and prospects;
- Be capable of putting across their point of view while listening and accepting alternative views from others;
- Have experience of building a dynamic and proactive client focused service;
- A driven, self-starter attitude;
- Commercial awareness, solution focused and prepared to challenge the current status quo;
- Must have own transport.
Main Duties and responsibilities
The following are typical of the responsibilities that our new Payroll Director will be expected to carry out on the firm’s behalf. They should not however be confused with your prime objective to increase the fees generated by the Service over the next 5 years:
- Co-ordinating efforts and leading direction to comply with Kreston Reeves overall strategy, whilst meeting clients’ objectives, financial and non-financial targets for the service line;
- Being responsible for the teams across two offices and encourage and develop an environment where the staff are motivated, challenged and effective;
- Liaising with partners and staff to improve our client service offering and identifying where payroll could be offered to existing clients;
- Managing the availability of staff across the whole team;
- Having direct contact with the clients and third parties, by initiating and attending meetings where appropriate;
- Providing specialist advice to Kreston Reeves’ clients and potential clients on the wide range of payroll matters, either directly or from within the team;
- Constructing and undertaking marketing presentations to various audiences;
- Being responsible for technical research and technical writing to assist the firm in marketing to clients and prospects;
- Co-ordinating the firm’s response to enquiries raised by HMRC, where necessary liaising with client service teams;
- Co-ordinating an appropriate response to more complex client or third-party queries and correspondence;
- Co-ordinating a prompt response to technical payroll enquiries from partners and staff;
- Assisting clients with one-off assignments on a commercial basis;
- Assist with the future development and growth of members of the team.
Kreston Reeves will not accept CVs unless The Recruitment Team has instructed you to work on a position.
Kreston Reeves asks that you DO NOT send any speculative CVs to recruiters, Partners or Hiring Managers across any of the offices in Kent, London and Sussex as we will not be liable for any fees obtained through unsolicited/speculative CVS.
Many thanks for your cooperation.