80000 - 85000 + Benefits
about 1 month ago
Note: Finerva's Head Office is based in London but this role offers significant flexibility with where the person wants to work.
About the Company
Finerva is an accountancy practice on a mission to help hungry Founders grow their businesses quickly.
Finerva provides bookkeeping and accounting services to our client base. In addition, the company provides virtual Finance Manager and CFO support, EIS & SEIS Advance Assurance, claiming R&D Tax Credits and setting up EMI share options schemes.
To do this, the team at Finerva needs to think and act differently. They are unique among traditional accountancy firms, (including the Big 4) because they are CFOs with experience growing and exiting businesses.
Finerva’s 3 most important core values are excellence, integrity, and hunger (to do things better and differently to their competitors).
More information about the company can be found on Finerva’s website
The role takes responsibility for managing the statutory accounts and CT600 process for our clients along with the final sign off and submission. This will be carried out for our book of recurring bookkeeping clients but the individual will also have ownership for building a client base which is separate from our recurring bookkeeping service line.
The person who takes on this role will be technically strong with a broad accounting experience and aptitude to solve problems they have not encountered before. In addition this person will want to lead and develop a team.
Delivering a fantastic client experience and building strong client relationships is essential. Of equal importance is ensuring that a standardised financial statement and tax preparation process is followed, and that technical accounting advice and guidance is provided during the year to our clients or internal team.
We are a young and dynamic firm so there are very few constraints in changing how we work to develop a better service or process. The individual who takes on this role will have a desire to create better processes and a team that delivers a great service.
As with all fast-growing companies the role is “hands-on” and may also require the person to support other areas of the client facing or operational parts of the business. This will allow the individual to be actively involved in the growth of the business.
- Manage the team of employees and contractors to deliver and assist in the deliverables detailed below
- Manage the financial statement and corporation tax return process for our clients
- Complete the financial statement review process
- Signing and submission of accounts and tax returns
- Provide technical accounting advice for internal and external stakeholders on statutory accounting and tax matters
- Prepare accounting papers in support of accounting treatments
- Identify and manage regulatory risk
- Provide guidance on potential implications of any technical accounting regulatory changes
- Fully qualified chartered accountant
- Experience of managing a team and reviewing their work
- Previous responsibility for signing and submission of accounts and tax returns
- Strong knowledge of FRS 102 and applicable reporting standards
- Strong knowledge of corporation tax regime
- Managing a diverse portfolio of clients