Director - Leading a new office for an accountancy practice!
|Job Title:||Director - Leading a new office for an accountancy practice!|
|Contact Name:||Matt Taylor|
|Job Published:||March 09, 2021 15:44|
This is a truly exciting and rare opportunity for someone who gains great satisfaction in adding value and aiding business growth. In this role you will play a pivotal role within the wider business and be a key member of the leadership team with strategic ownership over your own individual office.
Jerroms are trusted and reputable Business advisers and accountants with offices in Solihull, Bromsgrove & Coleshill.
Founded in 1972, they have grown steadily over the years to become a leading accountancy and business advisory practice in the region with around 120 employees.
Jerroms work with over 4,000 individuals and businesses across a range of sectors, who stay in a long-term relationship with them because they have the up-most trust that they will receive best advice.
Their pragmatic approach and extensive skills base means they can help and advise businesses of any size or industry, but they also have particular expertise in the education, healthcare, legal, financial services and construction sectors.
This is a unique opportunity to work with a diverse portfolio of clients with interesting and varied challenges as well as being part of an incredible growth story.
The appointed individual will play a pivotal role within the wider business and be a key member of the leadership team with strategic ownership over their individual office; currently running with 8 staff and growing with an existing portfolio worth c£0.5m turnover.
You will be commercially minded, have a good grasp of technical issues, industry trends and practices and the ability to transform these into value added services for clients
The successful individual would be expected to:
- Take the lead on client relationships, making a significant contribution towards achieving their yearly target by driving new client wins
- Be the leading figure of business development for that office and become a known individual in the wider business community
- Lead from the front to create and nurture a positive team culture
- Manage the day to day delivery of client service and ensure their teams deliver the highest quality of service to clients; maximising client satisfaction and acting on client feedback
- Professional qualification (ACA, ICAS, ACCA or equivalent)
- Substantial post-qualified experience within practice - either working in a larger firm at a Senior Manager or Director level focusing on SME clients or equally in a mid-tier independent firm at a senior level with ideally all-round experience but corporation tax and accounts experience would be highly advantageous
- Good working knowledge of accounting compliance and regulation with the ability to support and mentor staff.
- Proven ability to build client relationships that comes from a customer service led attitude
- Ambition to lead and grow a business with demonstrated business development expertise
- Existing local network would be advantageous but not mandatory
- Jerroms are seeking a like-minded individual with an entrepreneurial edge to help shape the future of the business and build on the fantastic foundation that is already in place
- Excellent package and benefits - based on the individual's fit and experience
- Opportunity to acquire an equity stake in the business
- Should the candidate join with an existing client following there will be further compensation attached to the package - based on fee value
- The opportunity to have great impact on a business and be a true leader by shaping the team and office dynamic
Where specific UK qualifications are required, we will consider overseas equivalents. All third-party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Assistant Manager / Manager - Leading Top 10 Accountancy Firm
£35000 - £60000 per annum
Corporate Tax Associate Director - Market Leading Team
£60000 - £75000 per annum
Top 20 Audit Senior – Training for a small firm ACA / ACCA
42000 - 44000 + Benefits + Full Training
Accounts Senior - Technology lead accountancy firm
£23000 - £37000 per annum
Audit Manager (Not for profit)
Crawley, West Sussex