Senior Financial Accountant
|Job Title:||Senior Financial Accountant|
|Salary:||£47k - 50k per year|
|Contact Name:||Katie Wilson-Smith|
|Job Published:||June 10, 2021 18:14|
Want to lead on the statutory accounting for a large and prominent charity? Do you have a flair for process improvement? Could you oversee a department of ten with three direct reports? If the answers are yes, this could be your next exciting role!
Robertson Bell are working with this brilliant charitable organisation whilst they recruit for a new Senior Financial Accountant. Reporting into the Financial Controller you will play a vital role within the finance structure, providing leadership to the treasury, statutory and transactional teams. Duties for this role include:
- Oversee all deadlines for the financial accounts team and ensure the ledgers always correctly indicate the finances of the charity.
- Lead on the statutory accounts and liaise with the auditors and Asset Managers.
- Create regular reports for senior management on the performance of the charity’s investments.
- Ensure all reconciliations are carried out on time and any queries are answered in a timely fashion.
- Lead on all VAT returns and act as the go to person for any VAT queries from the wider team and organisation.
- Daily management of the financial accounting team ensuring all payments are made accurately and on time.
- Provide necessary suggestions around system and process improvements and roll out any changes.
This permanent Senior Financial Accountant will be based at the charity’s office in Birmingham and will benefit from flexible working arrangements. This vacancy will best suit someone from a strong financial accounting and control background who is comfortable leading a large team.
The successful candidate will have:
- A full finance qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or CIPFA)
- Excellent experience around financial accounting.
- Management experience (ideally managing staff remotely across various locations).
- Experience improving or introducing financial controls.
- A ‘can do’ attitude and the ability to work under pressure.
This vacancy has a tight turnaround so please do not hesitate to apply!
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£35k - 42k per year
Financial & Management Accountant
Up to £50000 per annum
Financial Accountant - Straight from Practice
£45000 - £50000 per annum
Interim Senior Accountant
£350 - 400 per day
£55000.00 - £60000.00 per annum + excellent benefits