Departmental Performance Lead
|Job Title:||Departmental Performance Lead|
|Salary:||£48493 - £55912 + Excellent Benefits|
|Job Published:||January 25, 2019 15:08|
Robertson Bell are proud to be working in a retained partnership with Department for Education on a national recruitment campaign for Finance, Risk and Assurance.
DfE are a ministerial department supported by 18 agencies, public bodies, and non-ministerial departments, with offices based across England including Manchester, Sheffield, Nottingham, Coventry and Darlington. They are responsible for children’s services and education, including higher and further education policy, apprenticeships and wider skills across England. They work to provide children’s services and education that ensure opportunity is equal for all, no matter what their background or family circumstances.
Working closely with senior stakeholders, you will develop and implement a performance management framework to ensure that DfE continues to deliver its ambitions. You will set out and communicate how the department manages performance, inspiring individuals and teams to engage as appropriate. This will include internal and external reporting processes and will drive increased alignment to other departmental processes, such as business planning. Much of the reporting system sits outside of this team, so the post holder will need to bring performance leads from across the department together to implement a coherent framework.
The postholder will need to adopt an optimistic and pragmatic approach to solving problems as the role won’t be without challenges. For example, the department has historically focused on a small number of priority areas. You will therefore need to successfully engage less visible parts of the business, selling them on the value of sharing of information and the offer of support from the relevant committees.
The deliverables of the team are still being established and this is an excellent opportunity to shape the process of reporting and to set the direction of the team’s impact. The postholder will be specifically responsible for:
• Developing, implementing and regularly reviewing a new performance management framework
• Balanced reporting on performance to internal and external stakeholders including the departmental quarterly performance report, liaising with Cabinet Office and HM Treasury on progress against the Single Departmental Plan and contributing to the annual report and accounts
• Identifying and escalating examples of good performance and cross-cutting issues to the appropriate level of governance for focused decision-making
• Advising the Departmental Board and the Leadership Team on progress against key commitments, focusing on areas which only they can resolve
• Embedding the Performance and Risk Committee’s role in oversight and management of departmental performance
• Engaging with reporting leads from the corporate centre and across the department to build the performance management capability and influence, while being sensitive to the challenges different audiences face
The successful candidate will have relevant experience within complex environments due the scale of the organisation. As Departmental Performance Lead, you will have a passion for delivering change and the personality to lead and influence people throughout the department. Have excellent analysis skills required for routine digesting and filtering of large amounts of information from financial issues to corporate transformation. Experience of performance management would be an advantage but is not essential. This is a rare opportunity to join an organisation which will allow you to drive through change and put a stamp on a new post within DfE.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Performance Support Coach (Accountancy & Tax)
£36000.00 - £42000.00 per annum
£400.00 - £450.00 per day
Interim Project Accountant
£525 - £600 per day
Director of Finance & Corporate Services
Excellent salary and benefits