|Job Title:||Delivery Manager|
|Salary:||£40-50k depending on experience|
|Contact Name:||Cairo Samuda Henry|
|Job Published:||April 21, 2020 17:06|
We are seeking commercial and driven candidates to provide MEICA and Civil Engineering construction solutions, to the process and network functions across Thames Water, on both Clean and Waste Water Assets.
You will ensure that the H&S requirements, quality standards, contractual specifications, commercial objectives, and program deadlines are met in a timely manner.
- People Manager for up to 12 staff, and all stakeholder key interfaces internal and external.
- Provide management of the procurement process, framework suppliers and of the sub-contractor supply chain, involved in the delivery of site-based construction activities.
- Responsible for resource management, and for the training and development of directly managed staff.
- Provide estimating, programming and planning support to the wider team.
- Provide timely and accurate financial reporting.
- Ensuring the delivery of all construction projects on the program with 100% compliance to client specifications.
- Managing the procurement process and the direct and indirect labour requirements.
- Leading, motivating and developing teams, setting and monitoring objectives through regular performance reviews, monitoring and maintaining resource mix requirements to meet the forecast workload.
- Managing the client’s site requirements ensuring minimal impact on the operational functionality of the site.
- To deliver all projects within legislative, CDM and regulatory requirements, including Health & Safety, Environmental and HR.
- We are seeking a financially and commercially astute individual, with an aptitude for identifying and managing risk.
- You will be computer literate with a logical and methodical way of thinking.
- You will be a confident and effective communicator at all levels within the business including key stakeholders.
- You will have gained experience within a commercial and technical role and preferably educated to degree/HND level in engineering and/or business administration, ideally with post qualification experience.
- An understanding of basic civil engineering works, contract law, planning, estimating and tendering is required.
- The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of project management in an engineering environment with a good working knowledge of mechanical, electrical and ICA systems of work.
The role offers the chance to get exposure to numerous aspects of the business, including senior stakeholder engagement, major construction projects as well as providing planning and support to the business.
This is a fantastic opportunity to apply your attributes to a front-line management role within operations. This is a challenging role and gives the successful candidate a great opportunity to make improvements whilst offering advice and support.
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 26 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with the length of service and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our refer-a-friend bonus, where you can receive up to £1,000 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community, offering all of our teams two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities.
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning waste into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities.
Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with award-winning mental health and well-being strategy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
48000 - 56000
Senior Group Reporting Manager
£90000 - £110000 per annum + Bonus, pension, home working
Group Reporting Manager
£55000 - £65000 per annum + Car allowance, profit share, pension etc
Technical Accounting Manager (Energy)
£70000.00 - £90000.00 per annum + bonus