Competitive + benefits
13 days ago
Tax Service Line Overview
We provide bespoke advice in all areas of taxation, helping our clients to navigate the complexities of tax codes, often in multiple jurisdictions, and to help them ensure they are fulfilling all their obligations and paying the correct amount of tax. In this way we help them to manage an area of significant financial and reputational risk and to make properly informed decisions about their tax position whether they are an individual, a business owner or a corporate organisation. We also help clients resolve any disputes they have with the tax authorities as swiftly as possible.
As a Deals Tax Advisory Manager you will be responsible for providing tax due diligence and M&A tax advisory services as part of a specialist team working solely on corporate transactions. You will be working closely with the clients (both UK and overseas) based and the Mazars client teams. You will be committed to providing exception client service.
Role and Responsibilites
- Working with the M&A TAx Director to lead the delivery of tax due diligence and M&A tax structuring services to clients, ensuring client deliverables are prepared to a high technical standard prior to their final review.
- Developing strong working relationships with Mazars' financial due diligence and corporate finance teams
- Project management ensuring that tax due diligence and structuring work is delivered to client deadlines
- Reviewing work prepared by junior members of the team.
- People management, including, being responsible for appraisals and continuous feedback, coaching and development.
- Assisting with the identification of tax structuring opportunities on due diligence work and the conversion of due diligence targets to full-service tax clients
- Assesses, produces and documents high quality work in line with the Firm's policy and processes, meeting relevant regulatory requirements.
- Maintaining up to date technical knowledge.
- Ensuring WIP analysis and billing are kept up to date.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Holds relevant professional qualification such as ACA or CTA (or equivalent) with extensive experience of UK taxation
- Demonstrates broad and strong technical tax knowledge, particularly in relation to M&A activity. Experience of tax due diligence whilst desirable is not essential.
- Awareness of international tax, personal tax and VAT issues that could have an impact on M&A transactions.
- Good client handling technique including excellent written and presentation skills.
- Able to build good relationships with members of the team, both in Tax and Transaction Services, including experience of mentoring and developing people.
- Ability to identify issues through sound analysis and application of commercial acumen in all situations.
- Takes ownership of projects, effectively delegates to others within the team and takes responsibility for quality control and delivery to tight deadlines.
- Ability to communicate and explain complex tax issues and risks to non-tax persons (both clients and other professional advisers), both verbally and in written form
- Experience of identifying advisory opportunities for business development arising from tax due diligence work and across other service lines.
- Broad experience of managing the financials on clients and adjusting the approach to work depending on the budget.
Diversity and Inclusion
At Mazars inclusion and diversity are central to our values. We recognise that being an inclusive and diverse organisation makes us stronger as a business.
We seek to attract and recruit people who reflect the diverse nature of our clients and communities, regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnicity, nationality, faith or belief, social background, age and disability. Mazars selects candidates based on skills, knowledge, qualifications and experience.candidates based on skills, knowledge, qualifications and experience.