Covid 19 Counter Fraud and Assurance Lead
|Job Title:||Covid 19 Counter Fraud and Assurance Lead|
|Salary:||£50,345 - 57,917 per year|
|Contact Name:||Michael Swinburn|
|Job Published:||July 09, 2020 15:17|
The Department for Digital, Culture, Media & Sport (DCMS) is at the heart of the government’s economic and social agendas. A quarter of UK businesses are in our sectors and are among the most exciting and fastest growing of the whole economy. They provide 5.2 million jobs and deliver £38bn worth of exports. Our mission is to drive growth, enrich lives and promote Britain to the world.
Working in conjunction with our over 40 Arm’s Length Bodies we strive to create the conditions for everyone to enjoy our national culture, play sport, make the most of new technologies and have access to effective communications. Our sectors are critical to ensuring we have a strong place in the world - creating a global UK whose cultural, technological, creative, community and sporting assets mark us out as an essential partner for trade and investment. And making places that people want to live in, work in, invest in and visit.
In 2020 the team, with the active support of our senior leaders, are launching new transformational strategies on our approach to the management of grants and counter fraud within DCMS and its ALBs. We are looking for an interim Covid19 Counter Fraud and Assurance Lead on a fixed term basis until the end of March 2021, we have a strong preference for CTC cleared candidates due to urgent requirement. The responsibilities of the lead role will include:
- Work alongside the Fraud team to provide DCMS and Arm Length Bodies advice and guidance on counter fraud measures and post event assurance for Covid 19 schemes including fraud risk assessments and fraud recovery
- To work with DCMS grant makers and Arm Length Bodies to implement the DCMS post event assurance action plan and report to Executive level Boards for COVID 19
- Ensure DCMS Executive level Boards are provided with the information and data to make informed decisions about the progress and success of DCMS and Arm Length Bodies COVID 19 grants
- Support the implementation of the DCMS Counter Fraud Action Plan
- Work with Cabinet Office Counter Fraud and Grants management Function Covid 19 teams
- Provide strategic guidance on post event assurance plans
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following:
- Understandingthe principles of counter fraud and counter fraud functional standards, more specifically fraud measurement and post-event assurance.
- Being an excellent communicator, able to explain complex ideas both verbally and written at all levels, with proven strong project management expertise.
- Experience of working in a financial or risk team, or a similar setting (desirable).
- Exposure to grants and risk including an understanding of the grants functional standards and evaluation/monitoring (desirable).
For more information or an informal discussion, please apply via the link, or contact Michael Swinburn or Stuart Thomson at our retained search agent, Robertson Bell.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Audit Manager & Lead Auditor
Wakefield, West Yorkshire
£35475 - £42831 per annum + Pension, Healthcare
Temporary Financial Analyst
£18.50 - £22.40 per hour
Head of Governance and Controls
£45753 - £51668 per annum
Advisory and Forensic Accountant - Grade 7
£51,050 - £64,750
Audit Principal (equivalent to Assistant Manager grade in most audit firms)
Newcastle upon Tyne
£42,660- £57,929 per annum