|Job Title:||Cost Accountant|
|Salary:||£35000.00 - £45000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Andrew Piercy|
|Job Published:||September 30, 2019 18:22|
Hays Senior Finance are currently recruiting for a Management Accountant with a SME based in Gloucester.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing costing analysis to managers and ensure the accurate reporting of financial performance.
This Gloucester based engineering business are well known as a specialist in their field.
As a Cost Accountant your main responsibilities will involve:
- Primary owner of relevant contract financial models, ensuring fidelity of structure and reporting, preparation of monthly variance analysis, liaison with the contract managers to ensure their inputs into the cost to complete estimates are timely, thorough and considered
- Prepare inputs into finance reports submitted by the Business Partner for Engineering into the BU Senior Leadership Team and Group
- Manage the reporting timetable
- Provide insight into cost trends and ratios, enabling the contract management and leadership teams to address areas of concern as early as possible
- Standard costings on new and existing products
- Provide support to the Finance Business Partner for Engineering where necessary with regard to other cost models
Profile As a Management Accountant your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- CIMA / ACCA / ACA qualified or part-qualified with demonstrable accounting experience and strong intellectual curiosity
- Commercially-minded with excellent Microsoft Excel/financial modelling and analytical skills
- Ability to work unsupervised, with the drive to understand complex, multi-faceted scenarios from a financial perspective
- Prepared to work flexibly to achieve deadlines and multi-task, re-adjusting priorities and delivering accordingly, demonstrating a strong teamwork ethic
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work in cross-functional teams and to influence others at all levels of the organisation, applying healthy and vigorous challenge where appropriate
- Able to build excellent working relationships with customers and colleagues alike
- Able to present and communicate financial information to both Finance and non-Finance colleagues
On offer for the successful candidate is a competitive salary as well as a good benefits package.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Up to £36000 per annum + half day on a Friday
Crawley, West Sussex
Up to £40000 per annum
£30000.00 - £37000.00 per annum
£38000 - £40000 per annum