19 days ago
Corporate Tax Senior / Assistant Manager - Reading
We are recruiting for a Corporate Tax Senior/Assistant Manager to work from our Reading office. This is a corporate compliance tax role, which reports to the Tax Director directly and will involve contributing to the provision of an excellent range of tax services to a diverse set of clients. The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate initiative and good judgement when carrying out tasks on the client's behalf.
We are a top 15 accountancy firm specialising within the owner-managed business area across the UK. A well-established firm since the 1930s with an entrepreneurial and dynamic feel who are continuing to grow nationally as well as regionally.
We are therefore looking for highly skilled individuals to join the team to assist us in achieving our strategic goal of being the number one advisor to owner-managed businesses.
The Corporate Tax Senior/Assistant Manager role is offering a competitive salary, a great career path to progress within the firm and great benefits package.
The Corporate Tax Senior/Assistant Manager duties will be:
- Actively managing the corporation tax offering of the office as a whole
- Being a point of contact for clients for corporation tax matters
- Preparing the more complex corporation tax returns and tax computations
- Reviewing tax returns and accompanying workings as drafted by other staff
- Advising clients on corporation tax liabilities as they become due
- Preparing/amending letters and emails to HMRC
- Drafting/amending correspondence to client or third parties
- Assisting in dealing with enquiries raised by HMRC
- Preparing other forms etc. as required by HMRC or other third parties
- Assisting with the preparation of R&D tax relief claims
- Various ad hoc work as it arises such as technical research
- Assisting with advisory work such as advising clients of upcoming tax changes and how they can best plan for future tax liabilities
- Minimum 3 years' experience working in a corporate tax environment
- GCSE English and Maths grades C or above
- ATT, ACA or ACCA qualified and ideally CTA qualified
The Corporate Tax Senior/Assistant Manager will have the below skills:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good attention to detail
- Business and commercial awareness
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Enthusiastic with a positive attitude
- Adaptable and flexible
- Strong team-player
If you are keen to secure a Corporate Tax Senior/Assistant Manager role within a unique top 15 accountancy firm offering a great opportunity for your career, please apply today to find out more.
We do not pay agency fees where speculative and unsolicited CVs are submitted to Haines Watts by any means. For any CVs which are submitted without instruction from the Haines Watts Recruitment team, Haines Watts reserves the right to contact and work directly with these candidates without payment of any agency fee.