11 days ago
Corporate Tax Senior/Assistant Manager - London
We are recruiting for a Corporate Tax Senior/Assistant Manager to work within our London Holborn office. This is a corporate compliance tax role, which reports to the Tax Manager and will involve contributing to the provision of an excellent range of tax services to a diverse set of clients. You will also be providing support to supervisors and managers. The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate initiative and good judgement when carrying out tasks on the client’s behalf.
Due to growth within the largest and fastest growing region of Haines Watts, we are looking for highly skilled entrepreneurial individuals to join the team to assist us in achieving our strategic goal of being the number one advisor to owner-managed businesses.
We are a top 15 accountancy firm specialising within the owner-managed business area across the UK. A well-established firm since the 1930s with an entrepreneurial and dynamic feel who are continuing to grow nationally as well as regionally.
The Corporate Tax Senior/Assistant Manager role is offering a competitive salary, a great career path to progress within the firm and great benefits package.
The Corporate Tax Senior/Assistant Manager duties will be:
- Preparing annual corporation tax returns and tax computations
- Obtaining missing information etc. from the client, third parties or elsewhere in the firm as appropriate
- Reviewing tax returns and accompanying workings as drafted by accounts staff
- Advising clients on corporation tax liabilities as they become due
- Monitoring and requesting budgets for the work that you are doing
- Electronically filing tax returns and monitoring deadlines
- Preparing/amending and/or approving letters and emails to HMRC and clients for the supervisor’s approval
- Drafting replies to client or third party correspondence, seeking further input as appropriate
- Assisting in dealing with enquiries raised by HMRC
- Preparing other forms etc. as required by HMRC or other third parties
- Various ad hoc work as it arises such as technical research
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working in a corporate tax environment
- GCSE English and Maths grades C or above
- Ideally CTA qualified - ACA or ACCA would also be useful but not essential
The Corporate Tax Senior/Assistant Manager will have the below skills:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good attention to detail
- Business entrepreneurship and commercial awareness
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Enthusiastic with a positive attitude
- Adaptable and flexible
- Strong team-player
If you are keen to secure a Corporate Tax Senior/Manager role within a unique top 15 accountancy firm offering a great start to your career, please apply today to find out more.
We do not pay agency fees where speculative and unsolicited CVs are submitted to Haines Watts by any means. For any CVs which are submitted without instruction from the Haines Watts Recruitment team, Haines Watts reserves the right to contact and work directly with these candidates without payment of any agency fee.