Corporate Tax Senior - In House
|Job Title:||Corporate Tax Senior - In House|
|Location:||City of London, London|
|Salary:||£60000.00 - £65000.00 per annum + bonus + bens|
|Contact Name:||Alex Stirling|
|Job Published:||April 27, 2020 17:46|
Global asset management firm based in the city - currently recruiting a Corporate Tax Senior for its tax team
Your new company
I'm working with a leading independent global asset manager. They are truly global and support their individual and institutional investors across a range of products, encompassing equities, fixed income, multi-asset and alternatives.
Your new role
The Global Tax team is located in London and in the US and is responsible for the Corporate, Indirect and Product Tax requirements of the Group.
Working in a small team and reporting to the Head of Tax (UK and Europe), you will be accountable for the preparation of UK and European entity tax reporting calculations to support tax in the financial statements. You will operate a variety of tax controls to ensure the robustness and accuracy of tax reporting.
Duties and responsibilities
- Prepare monthly tax calculations for UK and European entities
- Draft tax journals for review
- Prepare statutory tax accounting provisions for UK companies.
- Prepare tax reporting calculations to support quarterly tax reporting to external investors
- Complete UK corporation tax return preparation, together with other UK tax compliance calculations and work such as Country-by-Country Reporting.
- Carry out tax controls and reconciliations to maintain high standards of financial control.
- Review European tax returns prepared by external advisors. Prepare internal approval documents for tax returns and tax payments.
- Other ad hoc tax work as required.
What you'll need to succeed
Technical skills and qualifications
- Good experience of corporation tax reporting and compliance for large listed companies, obtained in an in-house tax team or professional services firm.
- Good experience of the preparation of UK corporation tax returns and tax accounting calculations, and knowledge of the tax issues relevant to such calculations.
- Awareness of reporting standards, tax reporting processes, and the UK corporation tax regime.
- Chartered Accountant, ACCA, ATT and/or Chartered Tax Adviser.
- Previous financial services experience desirable.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's