Corporate Tax Senior Associate - Real Estate
|Job Title:||Corporate Tax Senior Associate - Real Estate|
|Contact Name:||Zoeb Kapasi|
|Job Published:||October 23, 2019 14:57|
BDO LLP is an accountancy and business advisory firm, we provide integrated advice and solutions to help businesses navigate a changing world. Our clients are Britain’s economic engine – ambitious, entrepreneurially-spirited and high growth businesses that fuel the economy.
We share our clients’ ambitions and their entrepreneurial mind-set. We have the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise to help them succeed.
BDO LLP operates in 17 locations across the UK, employing 5,000 people offering tax, audit and assurance, and a range of advisory services. BDO LLP has revenues of £590m and is the UK member firm of the BDO International network. The BDO global network provides business advisory services in 162 countries, with 80,000 people working out of 1,500 offices worldwide. It has revenues of $9bn.
Within this role the candidate will be involved in business tax compliance and ad-hoc advisory services for a wide range of clients, predominantly within the real estate and construction sector. The transactional nature of clients in the real estate sector provides a great opportunity for junior members of the team to gain exposure to tax technical advisory work that extends beyond corporation tax to often include wider shareholder/investors considerations.
Tax compliance work will be primarily for corporate groups, but may also include partnership tax returns and non-resident landlord income tax returns.
Primary responsibility will be to take control of a portfolio of clients, and their day to day tax compliance affairs, whilst supervising the Tax team and reporting into the relevant Manager, Director and/or Partner. You will also be involved with tax advisory work on an ad hoc basis.
You will be self-motivated, able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines, have excellent interpersonal and supervisory skills together with an ability and interest in understanding clients’ business.
• Take full control of all day to day tax compliance affairs of clients, and involved with related advisory matters, whilst being supervised by Manager/Director/Partner and communicating effectively to the rest of the Tax team
• Take responsibility for managing reporting timetables, including submissions and tax payment dates
• To draft letters and reports for review by Manager/Director/Partner
• To review work produced by more junior members of staff
• Identify risk and technical matters, as well as selling opportunities, to the Partner/Manager, whilst exercising judgement within agreed parameters
• Understand and adhere to cost budgets, meet reporting timetables, prepare key client reporting documents
• Take full responsibility for monitoring WIP and be proactive in billing
Sales and Marketing:
• Supporting bid teams in tenders for new work.
• Willingness and ability to build a network of personal contacts
• Ensure professional standards are met and supervise, support and develop more junior staff
Communication and representation:
• Develop professional relationships with clients and within the firm and the wider BDO international network
• Provide an efficient and pro active service to clients and ensure that the clients’ needs are fully met
• Pay attention to self-development and continuing professional education with a view to progressing within practice
• To support and work as a team player in achieving activities for their business area
• Ability and keenness to work on own initiative
• Consult with colleagues, Partners and appropriate specialists on technical and risk matters.
• Take opportunities to share knowledge and experience throughout the Firm
• Ability to work without generating significant Manager review points
• Significant understanding of and previous experience within UK corporation tax compliance
• Tax advisory experience preferable
• Supervisory experience preferable
• Knowledge of Tax compliance products preferable, e.g. Alphatax, as well as Excel, Word and PowerPoint
• Keenness to develop a career within the profession
• Ideally educated to degree level with no fewer than 280 UCAS points and a 2.1. degree
• CTA and/or ACA qualified or equivalent
Our Agency Policy
BDO has a commitment to building relationships directly with candidates (and agencies) in our local markets and as such, we do not accept speculative CVs from agencies. We work closely with our preferred suppliers to support us in sourcing quality candidates but we only pay agency fees where we have a signed agreement in place and an agency has been instructed by a member of the BDO Resourcing team. We do not pay agency fees where speculative and unsolicited CVs are submitted to BDO by any means other than through our recruitment portal. For any CVs which are submitted without instruction from the BDO Resourcing team, BDO reserves the right to contact and work directly with these candidates without payment of any agency fee.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's