Dependent on Experience
Corporate Tax Senior Taunton
9 days ago
Albert Goodman LLP
Are you AAT/ATT or ICAEW/ACCA/CTA qualified and looking for your next role? We are looking a Corporate Tax Senior to join our well established Tax Team in Taunton.
As a firm of Chartered Accountants, Tax Consultants and Financial Planners, we provide high-quality advice to over 5000 local and national businesses and individuals. Our values motivate our people to help businesses and individuals achieve their objectives:
- Through creativity, innovative thinking allows us to explore solutions;
- Excellence in Team work & Communication enables tailored solutions to be made;
- Investment in training & development, creating opportunities to develop and progress; And a Commitment to deliver results.
We are proud that we are a Best Companies 2021 “Outstanding Place to Work”, top 50 employer in the South West, and one of accountancy’s 10 best firms to work for. Our people are vital to our continued success and we are always looking to train and develop individuals who could be our future partners and leaders. A number of our senior managers and partners started their career as trainees with us and have stayed with us throughout their working life.
As a Corporate Tax Senior, you will be responsible for general tax compliance, including the preparation of corporation tax returns and computations, as well as helping to deal with HMRC on behalf of clients. You will assist with reviews of corporate tax returns prepared by other colleagues, support more junior staff day to day, and present reasoned arguments for adopting specific treatments on a variety of ad hoc business and company tax challenges, driven by clients and colleagues. This will include helping to draft claims on areas such as Research & Development reliefs, capital allowance reviews and optimising other reliefs. Our client care is key to our success, and this role will involve attending client meetings alongside Managers and Partners.
The successful candidate will have the following essential experience, skills and attributes:
- Business and corporation tax experience
- AAT/ATT or ICAEW/ACCA and or CTA Qualified
- Strong track record of Tax CPD and accounting knowledge, plus good level of current legislation knowledge
- Excellent IT skills and software capability
- Positive Team player with a “Can do” attitude
You may also have the following desirable experience, skills and attributes:
- Detail Conscious and Conscientious
- Passionate about great service in order to provide a high level of client care
- Outgoing and Socially Confident
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
In return, we offer a fantastic place to work in the South West with a competitive and flexible benefits package. Salary is competitive based on skills, qualifications and experience.
To apply for this position, please click here.