Corporate Tax Manager - LONDON
|Job Title:||Corporate Tax Manager - LONDON|
|Contact Name:||Anna-Marie Tucker|
|Job Published:||May 13, 2021 10:21|
London Corporate tax manager role within a top 6 accountancy firm
Working hard and working together, the Tax team thrives on keeping busy. Friendly, driven and diverse, they service clients across the country and around the world. By providing expertise in many different specialist areas of tax, they collaborate across the business to deliver wider business solutions. From meeting clients' evolving business needs to managing changes to legislation, there are always fresh challenges to face in the Tax team. If you're after a career that will keep you on your toes, we'll give you the autonomy to drive your career forward.
This role will provide Tax compliance and advisory services to a wide range of clients. The primary responsibility will be to deal with all matters relating to the management of a portfolio of clients. You will also provide assistance to Director/Principals/Partners in both client work and in the management of the group and on occasions the practice. Will be involved in special assignments on an ad hoc basis. A key part of the role requires the individual to actively seek, and keep the Partner informed about, any new business opportunities arising on existing and new clients.
- To act as a key point of contact within the firm for the client, together with the Partner. This will involve responding quickly to, as well as anticipating, client requests/needs, keeping clients informed of progress in relation to all aspects of the service provided, and maintaining regular contact with clients
- There will be an expectation that you will take full responsibility for project delivery on their portfolio
- Manage a portfolio of clients including control of billings and cash collection within the firms criteria
- Review of work prepared by more junior members of staff
- Liaise with HMRC
- To ensure assignments are completed within agreed budgets and keep client/Partner /Principle informed of overruns and plan staff assignments in order to give an appropriate spread of experience
- Ensure that the firm's quality control procedures are adhered to including second partner review
- Identify risk and technical matters, as well as selling opportunities, to the Partner/Principle/ Senior Manager, whilst exercising judgement within agreed parameters
- Must provide overall support to Partners on client matters and assist Partners in the management of the group, this will include support at times for the recruitment and management of staff
- Will work as part of management team with other Tax managers within the business group, and provide support to the rest of the Tax team
- Actively participate in the management of the group through Partner/Manager meetings and by attendance at social functions
- Training must be provided to more junior staff both on the job and through monitoring exam and on the job performance, whilst consistently providing feedback
- Counsel, appraise, develop and motivate staff as appropriate
- Educated to degree level, and/or CTA and/or ACA qualified or equivalent
- Demonstrable post qualified experience
- Guide and supervise less experienced colleagues.
- Support, train, mentor and advise others in own area.
- Challenge current practice - driving improvements and championing change.
- Take personal responsibility for own decisions and actions and those of others.
- Lead projects of limited scale or complexity.
Competitive package a flexible working arrangements
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's