Corporate Tax Manager
|Job Title:||Corporate Tax Manager|
|Salary:||55000 - 65000|
|Contact Name:||Amy Maguire|
|Job Published:||January 17, 2020 12:14|
About Moore Kingston Smith
Moore Kingston Smith is a dynamic, leading UK firm of accountants and business advisers. We have been helping clients thrive since 1923.
As trusted advisers to businesses, private individuals and not for profit organisations, we are passionate about helping our clients achieve their ambitions. We are committed to supporting them through good and bad times. Our highly experienced people have the strategic insight, drive and dedication to deliver results.
With over 60 partners and more than 500 staff based in and around London, we are a leading member of the Moore Global Network. An international family made up of over 30,000 people across more than 100 countries, members connect and collaborate to take care of our clients’ needs – at a local, national and international level.
With the success of our clients at the centre of everything we do, our people are hugely important to us. We recognise that they are key to our continued growth and development as a firm. Our commitment to developing our people and providing an environment in which they can thrive is therefore paramount to us.
This is evidenced by the many awards we have won, recognising both our people and employer excellence, and our creative innovation, particularly in regard to client services – among other things.
Purpose of the Role
Our Tax and Legal team are now looking for a Corporate Tax Manager to join its exciting and growing department. The right candidate will work alongside both partners, to provide bespoke tax advice to clients, and also our team of in-house commercial and private client solicitors, to implement that advice.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
The role will involve direct interaction with Partners practising in all disciplines within the firm and will be client facing on matters from an early stage. The split of client work is 80% advisory and 20% compliance.
The candidate should have experience of dealing with a wide range of tax issues, ideally including the following:
- Advising on the operation of Corporation Tax reliefs and exemptions such as the Substantial Shareholdings Exemption and Research & Development Tax Credits.
- Performing high level reviews of Corporation Tax computations to identify planning opportunities and to check whether complex areas have been dealt with correctly.
- Advising on international tax principles, such as transfer pricing, the operation of tax treaties, and the mechanics of double tax relief.
- Structuring corporate transactions such as s.110 reconstructions, statutory demergers and company share repurchases.
- Advising on EIS and SEIS.
- Carrying out Taxation Due Diligence for the purpose of acquisition or disposal of companies.
- Advising on tax matters associated with partnerships and LLP, including the tax implications of those with both corporate and individual members, on their incorporation.
- Advising on the structure of employment packages (including employee secondment packages), including considering the implications of providing employment related securities, the use of share options. A detailed knowledge of EMI schemes would be useful, as would an understanding of the approach to take in valuing SMEs for tax purposes.
- Providing advice on stamp duty and SDLT.
- Advising on individual capital gains tax issues such as eligibility for Entrepreneurs’ Relief, and the operation of holdover and rollover relief.
- Planning for the mitigation of Inheritance Tax, including considering the tax affect of lifetime transfers and the use of trusts.
- Dealing with enquiries into all aspects of direct taxation including settlement and penalty negotiation. Some experience in dealing with Special Civil Investigations would be useful although not essential.
- Preparing instructions to, and participating in conferences with, Tax Counsel
The ideal candidate should be client focused with a solid knowledge base and experience of aspects of income tax self-assessment, PAYE and Corporation Tax compliance procedures that will allow them to supervise members of the team who deal with the areas. They should also have an understanding of accountancy principles and be CTA qualified.
Skills and Experience
· They will preferably be ACA/ACCA and CTA qualified
· 3 to 4 years’ experience following attaining their qualifications
· Advanced excel and word skills
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
· A good team player
· Experience of mentoring and developing more junior team members
· Enthusiastic and willing to learn
· Organised and motivated
· A driven person who will take ownership of tasks and drive to completion
· Ability to prioritise work
· Ability to deliver work to an agreed timescale and budget
· Ability to generate creative ideas both for technical work and business development purposes
· Ability to build personal rapport with clients and to win their trus
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Corporate Tax Manager
0 - 0
Corporate Senior Tax Manager
0 - 0
Corporate Tax Assistant Manager / Manager
£43000 - £56000 per annum + Plus Benefits, Bonus
Corporate Tax Manager - Can be Part Time
Corporate Tax Senior
£27000 - £35000 per annum