Corporate Tax Assistant Manager - Banking
|Job Title:||Corporate Tax Assistant Manager - Banking|
|Salary:||£40000 - £50000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Anna-Marie Tucker|
|Job Published:||May 30, 2019 13:51|
This practice and team is a dynamic and successful part of their firm. A constantly changing and increasingly high-profile field, Tax can offer a surprisingly broad range of quality career paths to ambitious people.
Big 4 firm in London
The Banking Corporate Tax Advisory team provides tax advice, compliance services and audit support to a wide variety of clients.
The team is part of the wider Financial Services group and provides opportunities to get involved in, for example, M&A and Insurance work, as well as Banking. The firm advise companies across the whole of the financial services industry including UK and foreign banks, securities dealers, general and life insurers, Lloyds insurers, insurance brokers, funds and fund managers.
The department often works as one Financial Services team and focuses on the provision of high quality commercial advice to their clients. Their approach has as its foundation a thorough understanding of clients' business strategy as well as the industry in which they operate. This enables them to work in partnership with clients and to provide tailored and robust tax solutions to support their corporate goals. The work focuses on corporate tax advisory services, and includes building long-lasting client relationships and coordination of all tax services to clients.
* Providing tax advice to mainly Banking clients including the growth areas of BEPS, Corporate Criminal Offence, Brexit and Structural Reform, etc and supporting compliance and audit teams where tax issues are more complex
* Efficient, effective and timely delivery of client work, usually in small teams
* Development and maintenance of good client relationships, including ongoing identification of leads for new work, and liaison with other members of the client service team outside tax
* Identification of work opportunities through an internal network of contacts
* Liaising with other colleagues in tax and elsewhere to provide a complete tax service to clients
* Development of more junior staff in the team, through on-the job coaching
* Working with senior team members on identifying and following through future work opportunities and cross-selling to other disciplines.
* Maintaining up to date knowledge of Banking tax issues and consideration of impact on clients
* Assisting with carrying out detailed technical research
* CTA and/or ACA/CA and/or equivalent legal/HMRC/international qualification is essential
* A commercial approach to resolving issues and providing advice
* Strong analytical skills
* History of developing strong external and internal client relationships
* Project coordination/management skills
* Banking experience would be preferred but not required, awareness of other tax and accounting areas
* The flexibility to adapt to the ever changing demands brought about by tax, regulatory and business changes
Competitive package and salary
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Corporate Tax Senior / Assistant Manager
£Competitive package, excellent benefits and continued study support
Corporate Tax Assistant Manager (or Manager) - Hertfordshire
£42000 - £52000 per annum
Corporate Tax Manager
0 - 0
Corporate Tax Senior
£27000 - £35000 per annum
Assistant Manager, Individual Tax Focus