Dependent on Experience
Corporate Tax Assistant Manager
8 days ago
Albert Goodman LLP
Are you ICAEW/ACCA/CTA qualified and looking for the next step in your Tax career? We are looking for a Corporate Tax Assistant Manager to join our well established Tax Team in Taunton.
As a firm of Chartered Accountants, Tax Consultants and Financial Planners, we provide high-quality advice to over 5000 local and national businesses and individuals. Our values motivate our people to help businesses and individuals achieve their objectives:
- Through creativity, innovative thinking allows us to explore solutions;
- Excellence in Team work & Communication enables tailored solutions to be made;
- Investment in training & development, creating opportunities to develop and progress; And a Commitment to deliver results.
We are proud that we are a Best Companies 2021 “Outstanding Place to Work”, top 50 employer in the South West, and one of accountancy’s 10 best firms to work for. Our people are vital to our continued success and we are always looking to train and develop individuals who could be our future partners and leaders. A number of our senior managers and partners started their career as trainees with us and have stayed with us throughout their working life.
As a Corporate Tax Assistant Manager, you will be responsible for general business and corporate tax compliance, including the preparation of more complex corporation tax returns and computations, as well as dealing with the HMRC on behalf of clients. You will carry out reviews of tax returns prepared by other colleagues, support our trainees and their progression, and present reasoned arguments for adopting specific treatments. You will lead on tax claims such as Research and Development and capital allowance reviews, and will deal with ad hoc queries from clients and colleagues. Our client care is key to our success, and this role will involve attending client meetings alongside Managers and Partners, as well as starting to undertake relevant networking activity to build relationships and leading some meetings on your own.
The successful candidate will have the following essential experience, skills and attributes:
- Business and Corporation Tax experience
- ACCA/ICAEW/CTA Qualified
- Strong track record of business and corporate tax CPD and strong level of current legislation knowledge
- Excellent IT skills and software capability
- Passionate about great service in order to be able to provide a high level of client care
- Approachable, team player and willing to act as a staff mentor to trainees and newly qualified tax staff
- Detail Conscious and Conscientious
- Outgoing and Socially Confident
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
In return, we offer a fantastic place to work in the South West with a competitive salary and flexible benefits package.
To apply for this position, please click here to go to our recruitment portal.