Corporate Services Audit Manager
|Job Title:||Corporate Services Audit Manager|
|Location:||Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk|
|Salary:||£35000.00 - £65000.00 per annum + benefits|
|Contact Name:||Cara Whyte|
|Job Published:||September 20, 2019 09:27|
Corporate Audit Manager or Senior manager job with leading Accountancy firm, based either in Bury St Edmunds or Ipswich
Hays is seeking an Audit Manager to join its client, a well established and highly regarded firm, based either in in Bury St Edmunds or Ipswich.
Your client portfolio will include large corporate businesses and not for profit entities. The firm also acts for a number of East Anglia's most significant businesses including many household names and also have other clients based locally, throughout the UK and internationally. This means they can offer you exposure to a broad and mixed portfolio of work.
This is a role with huge impact and real scope to further develop your existing management and accounting skills as well as your external profile. You will be responsible for the day to day running of the Corporate Services Group, and holding a client portfolio across their offices. In addition, you will be expected to participate in all stages of an audit from planning through to fieldwork and finalisation of the assignment for Partner review. As a senior member of the team, reporting directly to Partners, you will manage both a team of auditors alongside multiple engagements simultaneously whilst also taking a lead on client contact.
Responsibilities will include:
- Day to day management of the Corporate Services Group: training, mentoring and developing team members
- Reviewing assignments and working papers, providing constructive feedback to team members
- Managing a varied portfolio of clients, to involve communicating engagement progress, problems, financial information and other business concerns
- Participating in networking and building client relationships
- Taking responsibility for achieving engagement profitability - billings and collections
- Supporting the partners with business development activities, client tender processes
- Supporting team members and clients, at times across multiple offices, in a role that has a requirement for flexible working hours including additional hours when required
Skills and Experience required:
- You must be ICAEW/ACCA qualified or QBE, with a significant level of recent UK practice experience relevant to audit.
- Strong technical knowledge of corporate accounting and audit matters (eg UK GAAP, FRS102, IFRS) coupled with a proven ability to act as a technical resource and point of first reference for other team members.
- Good all-round knowledge of audit and accounting software packages. Familiarity with CCH software would be advantageous. Competent MS office skills (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Previous experience of leading audit teams including training, mentoring, and supervising staff in their day to day work.
- Proven background in effectively managing a client portfolio. Competent WIP management and capable of achieving billing targets.
- Capable of managing multiple deadlines and delegating work effectively within a team.
- Good level of Corporate Tax experience: the ability to review draft Corporation Tax computations, and sufficient understanding to enable proactive dialogue with clients.
- An interest and/or previous involvement in business development activities such as tender processes and presentations. A willingness and capability to work with the partners to continue to raise the firm's profile and attract additional clients. Ability to support and lead business development work and networking to develop a strong network of relationships.
- Articulate and confident communicator, both orally and written.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision, whilst capable of integrating well within a team environment.
The role offers an exciting opportunity to develop your career within a prestigious and award winning firm.
They offer an attractive salary with many benefits in a friendly working environment, as well as an extensive in-house training programme for all staff.
Please apply on line or contact Cara Whyte at Hays for more information or to discuss your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's