Corporate Financial Accountant - Interim
|Job Title:||Corporate Financial Accountant - Interim|
|Salary:||£22.00 - £27.00 per hour|
|Start Date:||ASAP/ Subject to Notice|
|Contact Name:||Sandra Pupinis|
|Job Published:||May 17, 2021 11:13|
Corporate Financial Accountant - 14 month Temporary Position with NHS
Your new company
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the NHS on a long term temporary basis to start ASAP.
Your new role
Corporate Financial Accountant - 14 month Temporary Position
As a Corporate Financial Accountant you will be a part of a small team responsible for financial controls and statutory reporting for the organisation. You will be involved in control account reconciliations; maintenance and reconciliation of cash book; liaise with audit teams as necessary; support month end and year end accounts production.
The core responsibilities of the role are:
- Day to day maintenance of the Losses and Special payment register ensuring correct approvals are obtained. Providing timely and accurate reports to senior management; Audit Committee and external parties as required.
- Providing a range of information and technical advice on changes in guidance and policies that require regulatory compliance and change in organisational processes.
- Assisting with the compilation of year-end Statutory accounts - working to deadlines; producing accurate working papers; providing supporting information; liaising with external audit.
- To undertake month-end financial accounting tasks involving the extraction, review and manipulation of data, together with the associated preparation and posting of journals to ensure the integrity of financial information and reporting.
- Monitor and proactively resolve salary overpayments.
- Accounting for stock balances.
- Maintain declaration of interests; related party; gifts and hospitality registers and supporting information.
- Undertake the end to end processing of Trust Fund Accounts from the daily transactions to producing the year end accounts and working papers, along with timely and accurate reporting to the Trust Fund Committee.
- Lead on all staff related statutory reporting and compliance requirements including IR35 and PSAs. Responsible for collating evidence/information; results and evidence compiled and recorded; performing calculations and ensuring all checks are completed; and meeting statutory reporting.
- Supporting the fraud plan for the organisation, processing routine and ad-hoc reports in areas of risk.
What you'll need to succeed
Qualified/part qualified ACCA/CIMA - QBE also considered with a strong technical/ statutory background
Desirable But Not Essential Experience;
Charitable funds accounting Losses and Special Payments
Oracle general ledger
What you'll get in return
Long term opportunity within a growing part of a bespoke NHS Structure
Band 7 (circa £38,000 - £44,500).
Working from home in the immediate future (potential for the duration of the contract) with scope to attend the office if desired.
36 Days Annual leave
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Interim Financial Accountant
£200 - £300 per day
Sheffield, South Yorkshire
£35000 - £50000 per annum
£42000 - £45000 per annum
£32,300 - £35,794 per year + up to £5,000 accountancy allowance
Interim Head of Finance
Up to £61832 per annum + Civil Service Pension & Holiday