West End, London
£60000 - £75000 per annum
10 days ago
The Corporate Finance, M&A Specialist will coordinate and manage the financial structuring of international projects. Liaising with major financial institutions in Portuguese or Spanish will be required.
My client is a global infrastructure company specialised in developing, financing and implementing projects across multiple sectors.
The company is headquartered in Europe, and from there manages projects in emerging markets.
My client is dedicated to delivering on client's expectations and has the capacity to implement complex EPC projects, being responsible for all activities from design, procurement, construction, to commissioning and handover of the project to the End-User or Owner, offering high-quality standards compliant with the most stringent health, safety and environmental requirements.
In addition, my client is specialised in mobilising/ arranging financing and sustainable project funding from different sources even for projects of complex nature due to our risk management capability and business intelligence.
As a representative of the Corporate Finance & M&A Division, this position has a mix of operational, marketing and structured finance responsibilities. You will be responsible to manage the entire process of financial structuring of an infrastructure project in an emerging market. This includes, but not limited to:
- Interact frequently and cooperate with other internal departments within the Company such as Legal and Risk Management, Compliance, Sustainability, Engineering and Cost Estimation, Treasury and Operations;
- Drive the delivery of the strategic financial solution of the projects, including preparing pitch book presentations, financing plans, delivery methodology, cash flows, export content spreadsheets, marketing materials
and credit applications to address financing requirements of the respective Lenders Group, financing institutions or counter parties;
- Work on Excel modelling to calculate discounted cash flows, internal rate of return, projections and overall financing modelling when necessary;
- Liaise with outsourced financial advisors retained by the company as well as providing technical support and expertise to all projects managed by our client
- Proactively highlight projects pitfalls and carry out project audits to ensure strategic projects stay on course;
- Once the deal structuring is completed, provide support to the operations teams in implementing the project requirements agreed with the financial institutions;
In addition to the structuring side of the position, you will be expected to:
- Support management in preparing corporate and business plans to key business decisions;
- Identify areas for improvements and implement them in the day to day processes;
- A Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, Mathematics or closely related field;
- Minimum of five (5) years' work experience in a related field preferable;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English. Advanced level of Spanish and/or Portuguese languages is desired (although not mandatory) will be considered a plus;
- Knowledge of Export and Project Finance industry including ECA´s Buyer Credit Schemes;
- Experience with financial modelling and a strong, fundamental grounding in Finance disciplines, including discounted cash flow analysis;
- Ability to meet, discuss and negotiate the financial structuring of projects with senior officials of banks, corporates and, in specific cases, governments;
- Availability to travel across Europe, Africa and Latin America; and
- Must be eligible to work in the UK
- We offer a competitive salary for this role;
- Work hours are 40 per week, including a lunch break of 30 minutes (employee
will be given the opportunity to establish its own lunch break period ranging
from 20 minutes to 1 hour);
- 22 working days paid holiday in addition to all bank and other public holidays
as observed by the Company;
- Pension scheme as defined by the Company;
- When sent to work abroad, the employee will be entitled to additional days
of holidays as agreed with the Company in a ratio of 5:1 (for every five days
working abroad, one day of extra paid holiday will be offered to the employee
as compensation); and
- Opportunity to grow and work in a multinational with a mix of cultures and