Corporate Finance Associate
|Job Title:||Corporate Finance Associate|
|Location:||City of London, London|
|Salary:||£45000 - £50000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Gillian O'Regan|
|Job Published:||May 12, 2021 14:13|
You will assist with supervision and direction, in the provision of a first-class corporate finance lead advisory service to a varied range of clients.
A well established 14 partner Professional Services Accountancy firm located in London with an exciting portfolio and range of clients to work with, both nationally and internationally.
The niche corporate finance team form their own specialist department within the firm and is run by 2 partners that share the ambitious and driven mindset. The service provided by the team is outstanding and the commitment to their clients is testament to their on going success.
With a real focus on team morale, respect and wellness, this firm, and team in particular, have excellent staff retention.
Additional training and continued professional development plans are encouraged.
You will be supporting deal team colleagues and clients throughout the transaction process.
- To assist in the preparation and checking of financial information used in the M&A transaction process, including but not limited to; financial reports and forecasts, other financial data analysis, key performance indicators
- To assist in the preparation of briefing notes, written reports and presentations (including Information Memorandums and Business Plans, as well as pitches) for discussion with colleagues, prospective clients and clients
- Desktop research using general research tools and company databases into individual companies, investors, transactions and industries
- Support colleagues within the team during client meetings, calls and other correspondence
- Follow all appropriate firm procedures and protocols to operate within a regulated environment
- Ensure that work is performed to a high quality, with strong attention to detail
- To begin to obtain feedback on their work through Assignment Reports and act on any advice or recommendations made as part of an ongoing career and personal development journey.
- To keep timely and accurate training and CPD records.
- Maximise productivity by ensuring line managers are aware as early as possible when available for work.
- Ensure that work is performed in a cost-effective manner.
- Keep colleagues informed of progress on all assignments.
- Be a good team player and build trust through the delivery of good quality, timely work.
- To develop good working relationships both internally and externally
- To develop a solid understanding of the business of each client worked on.
- To be a pro-active, professional and responsible team member both on site and in the office.
- Carry out any ad hoc work as and when it is reasonably requested by colleagues
The successful Corporate Finance Associate will have an Audit focused background carrying out full process end to end, ideally from a medium/mid tier size firm covering a range of sectors and turnovers. You should have a desire to have a long term career progression within the corporate finance field.
- ACA/ACCA or equivalent relevant qualification
- Audit background with at least 80% audit focus from a mid/medium firm at Qualified Senior Level
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills
- Working with SMEs and owner-managed businesses
- Excellent IT skills to include Microsoft Excel, word, powerpoint, market IQ and Companies House Direct and Maximizer
- Excellent communication skills
- Be a strong team player
- Continue to be technically up to date with standards
- Professionalism and client focus
- Be able to adapt to working with clients in different situations
- Use initiative and be open to change
- Be results driven
- Problem Solving and Analysis
A highly competitive package is on offer within a positive, sociable and supportive working environment in London.
The successful candidate will be supported to study towards the corporate finance qualification and will have hands on experience in a fast paced environment.
- Competitive Salary
- Discretionary annual bonus
- 25 days Annual leave plus bank holidays
- Flexible working hours
- Great break out areas including dart boards and table tennis
- Season ticket loan provider
- Food provided in office
- Mental Health ambassadors
- Inspiring leaders and training provided
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Corporate Finance - Associate Director - Lead the team & office
Corporate Tax Associate Partner
Corporate Finance Executive
£23000 - £30000 per annum
Corporate Finance Director
£75000 - £90000 per annum
Corporate Finance Director
£Competitive plus Excellent Benefits