10 days ago
Corporate Tax Senior Manager
- Are you happy to go 'that extra mile'?
- Are you proactive, enthusiastic and energetic?
Haines Watts East Anglia are an award winning, top 15 accountancy firm with a client base of SMEs and OMBs throughout East Anglia.
Due to continued growth we are looking for highly skilled individual to join our current Tax Team based in Norwich.
Tax Manager - East Anglia
We are recruiting for a Tax Manager to work within our Norwich office to provide tax advice to individuals or companies on a range of technical areas, relating mainly to UK Tax but with some International elements.
The role is offering a competitive salary and the flexibility to work across four offices and great benefits package.
The Tax Manager role:
Require the individual to pro-actively seek opportunities and generate new advisory tax work and increase billings for clients but also to react to requests for assistance from partners, members of staff and directly from clients.
- You will seek new clients for the practice where possible.
- Be concerned with winning new work. The individual will therefore need the ability to present complex ideas to existing and prospective clients in a confident manner
- Involve input into the strategy of the tax team and will include development of new ideas, identifying areas of opportunity and dealing with potential threats
The key duties as follows:-
- You will be responsible for controlling on an annual basis tax compliance work and ensuring that internal and client based and legislative deadlines are met.
- Ensuring that the firm's standard processes are used in the production of compliance tax work and ensuring that technical standards are maintained.
- Ensuring that client handling partners and senior managers are kept fully informed on the monthly progress of the work areas you are responsible for.
- Professionally represent the firm and its interests in dealing with clients and other professionals.
- Actively take part in Haines Watts Workshops and keep your training and knowledge up to date. You will also seek out opportunities to further develop your knowledge to keep up to date with legislation and best practice.
- Contact clients in connection with non-technical issues such as the collection of debts and be involved on an ongoing basis in administrative activities such as billing and monitoring of internal key performance indicators.
- You will from time to time, be required to undertake other activities of a similar nature that fall within your capabilities as required by management and directors.
- Keeping up-to-date with internal communications, policies and procedures and ensure anyone reporting to you does the same.
- You will also be required to get involved in other tasks as needed.
The Tax Managers duties will include:
- Assisting in delivering a range of complex planning assignments
- Participating in developing bespoke solutions for particular client scenario's
- Assisting in managing client relationships
- Dealing with HMRC at various levels
- Assisting in winning new work by identifying opportunities, participating in presentations to clients and targets and following up on all marketing efforts
- Assisting with reviewing more complex returns for individuals and companies
Qualifications and Experience
Minimum 5 years PQE
Previous experience in a senior role in a mid-tier accountancy practice with a lot of exposure to owner managed businesses.
The following qualities are desirable:
- A team player
- A driven, self-starter attitude
- Good communication skills
- Approachability and availability
- Honesty and integrity
- Commercial awareness
- Good technical research and writing skills
Key Attributes / Behaviours
- Is proactive, enthusiastic and energetic.
- Is ambitious, works hard and puts the effort in - "goes the extra mile".
- Considers problems as a challenge, remaining positive regardless of set-backs.
- Has a positive outlook on life - a "can do" attitude.
- Develops a culture of trust with the team and with clients.
- Creates a culture of continuous improvement; encouraging others to have ideas and come up with imaginative solutions to difficult problems.
- Gives praise to others when things go well and accepts responsibility when they don't.
- Adopts a calm and assured approach to your working practices and office life.
- Makes time for people, listens attentively and responds accordingly.
- Shares knowledge.
- Is comfortable interacting with employees, clients, potential clients and connectors on all levels with the ability to change your communication style to suit to occasion.
- Is able to 'juggle' a number of jobs, demonstrating excellent time management skills to ensure all deadlines and expectations are met.
"We do not pay agency fees where speculative and unsolicited CVs are submitted to Haines Watts by any means. For any CVs which are submitted without instruction from the Haines Watts Recruitment team, Haines Watts reserves the right to contact and work directly with these candidates without payment any agency fee."