City of London, London
£65000.00 - £80000.00 per annum + plus competitive benefits
23 days ago
Hays Senior Finance
Manager - Core Asset Management Tax The Role: Manager Grade in Core Asset Management, T&L
- Our clients financial services corporate tax team is a fast growing part of the tax practice. We are looking for excellent candidates who are seeking a dynamic and challenging working environment within a strong supportive leadership team.
- The role is in our Core Asset Management tax team, which has a diverse client and target base spanning the Financial Services sector - providing services to traditional asset managers and financial services institutions, alternative investors, the real estate sector, wealth and hedge asset managers, UK pension funds and global institutional investors.
- We are looking for a candidate with a particular interest in providing clients with corporate tax advisory and compliance services, ideally with experience in the FS market sector. The set up of the team is such that there will also be opportunities to work across operational taxes and EU Funds and PE Funds specialisms. We welcome applications from candidates with experience in any of these areas.
- The successful candidate will be a self-starter with a good level of core corporate tax technical knowledge and a confident outward facing skillset willing to invest time and effort in the marketplace.
- The role involves a mixture of both compliance and advisory responsibilities, with specific duties including:
- Providing tax structuring, tax due diligence and restructuring advice on a wide range of transactions
- Carrying out detailed technical research
- Being the first point of contact for many clients
- Co-ordinating the advice provided by other overseas teams and other tax skillsets
- Taking responsibility for the delivery of high quality compliance and reporting services for a portfolio of clients
- Working closely with colleagues in other parts, both within and outside of Tax
- Developing and maintaining client relationships
- Understanding the client's business and helping to identify areas for the provision of tax and other services
- Being involved in business development and proposal activity
- Ensuring all risk procedures are adhered to
The Person: You will have the following skills:
- Qualified CTA or ACA/CA or equivalent
- Strong corporate tax technical knowledge
- A good knowledge of UK corporate tax and an awareness of other tax and accounting areas. M&A tax and/or international tax experience would be an advantage but is not a requirement
- Strong interpersonal skills in addition to strong oral and written communication skills
- High level analytical skills and a commercial approach to resolving issues and providing advice
- Ability to work as part of a team in a transaction based environment
- Strong task management skills
- Ability to build client relationships
- Good computational and excel skills
- Good technology skills - experience of Digita and/or Alphatax would be advantageous but not essential.