|Salary:||£50k - 60k per year|
|Contact Name:||Katie Wilson-Smith|
|Job Published:||March 11, 2021 09:15|
The Lighthouse London Church are partnering exclusively with Robertson Bell to recruit to a Chief Operating Officer on a permanent, full time basis. Since 2006, The Lighthouse has grown to be a passionate and diverse Christian community from many countries and backgrounds and through a strong shared belief they aim to positively impact the lives of people in the local community. The Lighthouse’s vision as a charismatic Church of England church is reflected in 4 characteristics which underpin who they are, these characteristics are: encounter, spiritual identity, every person and impact.
The Lighthouse are now seeking an excellent Chief Operating Officer who will report to the Senior Pastor and ensure that all of the charity’s resources run smoothly, including finance, IT, health and safety, safeguarding, building management, data protection, HR and governance. As the COO you will also hold sole responsibility for maintaining the current financial position of the organisation.
The key responsibilities will be:
- Prepare reports for the Lighthouse board, Spear Trustees and Lighthouse Committee Trust on finance, HR and operations as needed.
- Work with the strategic team to support the redevelopment project.
- To join in and contribute to staff worship including leading and contributing to services and prayer groups when required as well as being a communicant member of a church.
- Be responsible for ensuring financial controls are maintained and improved as needed.
- Lead on the drafting of organisational budgets, cash-flow forecast and preparation of financial management reports monthly and as needed.
- Be responsible for the completion of statutory annual reports to the Charity Commission and Companies House, including liaising with external auditors.
- Manage a small team including the Bookkeeper and finance volunteers.
- Manage all leases and contracts for central services and equipment, including reviewing and re-tendering where necessary and identifying and establishing new services.
- Control the insurance portfolio, regularly reviewing activities and ensuring cover remains appropriate and that programme managers are aware of their responsibilities.
- Lead on all HR processes and answer any adhoc queries.
- Manage the church database and liaise with IT support to ensure that all aspects of IT are working well and safely. Part of this will be ensuring that communications from the church comply with data protection legislation, and that all safeguarding policies are in place.
The successful candidate will have a degree or equivalent qualification, have a CCAB recognised accountancy qualification or significant experience as a financial manager. Demonstrable experience of relevant management experience is essential, ideally dealing with all aspects of management in a small business setting, including budget management. Please note no previous charity experience is essential in order to be considered for this role.
In order to apply candidates must have a can-do attitude, with the ability to identify and implement operational improvements in an organisation.
Please note this role can also be offered on a four day a week basis.
The Lighthouse’s head office is based in central London, however substantial home working can be considered.
The closing date for applications is 5th April 2021. Applications will be under constant review before the closing date so please submit your application to our retained search agent Robertson Bell. Apply now to be considered!