|Job Title:||Contract/Management Accountant|
|Salary:||£30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Arthur Blyth|
|Job Published:||September 09, 2019 17:42|
Contract/Management Accountant Vacancy - Worksop - Up to £35,000 per annum + study support
Your new company
Your new company is a reputable, international business operating in the services sector.
Your new role
You will manage a portfolio of contracts for the business, taking the lead in the forecasting and reporting for one or more contracts, working in conjunction with the Operational Management team.
It's a hands on role including the completion of monthly management accounts and accompanying trading packs explaining the monthly and year to date variances to budget.
You will complete the monthly management accounts and accompanying trading packs explaining the monthly and year to date variances to budget, following the set processes and procedures to produce the management accounts in a timely manner for a number of key contracts.
- Follow the set processes and procedures to produce the management accounts in a timely manner for a number of key contracts
- Apply Minimum Financial Standards where appropriate, ensure relevant balance sheet accounts are well maintained and properly controlled
- Managing relationships with Business Partners and Operational Manager
- Control all inputs to be able to produce accurate and detailed contract P+L's in standard format
- Work closely with the Operational Managers to drive the monthly forecasting process for their contract, maintaining transparency and accuracy of information ensure clear transparency of underlying profitability
- Produce timely and accurate management reporting to support the Operational Managers and Business Partners including ensure all contracts are suitably supporting by robust financial models to evidence underlying earnings (historic and forecast)
- Manage Ad Hoc requests for analysis from the business to support them with their decision making
- Ensure the necessary contract controls are in place to ensure accurate accounting for the contract
- Work to drive efficiencies and Profit Improvement Plans
- Travel, when required, to client sites to work with the Operational Managers
- Supporting collation of business risks & opportunities at a business unit level
- Ensure contracts with lifecycle obligations are appropriately reported/accounted for
- Adhere to periodic stewardship requirements e.g. Position Papers, Financial Models and quarterly Contract Review analysis
What you'll need to succeed
- Working towards a recognised accounting qualification
- Ability to work with non-finance operational staff
- Ability to use Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook Email & Calendar
- Educated to degree level
- Experience in working in contract accounting (desirable but not essential)
- Acting Professionally
- Delivering Objectives
- Supporting & Working with Others
- Delivering Great Customer Service
- Sharing & Co-operating
- Attention to detail
What you'll get in return
You will be given a wide and varied role, working for a multinational company who provide study support towards further qualification.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a well established business with an excellent reputation in its' sector.
- On-site parking
- Study Support
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Working Monday to Friday
- Health plan
- Life assurance
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£35000.00 - £40000.00 per annum
£30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum
£35000.00 - £43000.00 per annum
£35000.00 - £40000.00 per annum