£30000 - £50000 per annum
27 days ago
The role will involve a portfolio of Contract Compliance & Commercial Assurance audits across a variety of industries, helping maximise the benefits of the relationships their clients have with their business partners and suppliers.
Our client is a top 25 UK chartered accountancy firm. They are a commercially astute organisation with a personal, partner-led service aimed at entrepreneurial small and medium enterprises (SMEs), large corporates and high-net worth individuals.
Their clients come from many different backgrounds and are active in all branches of commerce and industry. Their reputation is grounded in quality, delivering premium advisory services efficiently and cost-effectively.
Founded in the 1930s, the practice comprises 28 partners and approximately 300 staff supplying a range of services spanning audit, corporate taxation, private client services, VAT and forensic accounting, together with a range of sector groups offering specialist industry knowledge.
- Understanding the nature of the relationship between the client organisation and its customer base or supply chain;
- Performing risk assessments of contract documentation;
- Undertaking detailed and comprehensive data analysis which allows us to quantify the financial and operational compliance with the contract;
- Performing on-site fieldwork and audit testing, and acting in a robust manner, with integrity to identify the facts, agreeing findings with third parties and communicating important issues in a clear, succinct manner;
- Supporting the client and potentially the third party through discussions with relevant stakeholders;
- Writing reports detailing the financial and operational issues highlighted during our work;
- Providing timely and useful feedback that can enhance future relationships and activities, both at our clients and the third parties they interact with.
Working with our client involves a mixture of working in the office, client sites and visiting third parties' premises, which provides variety and a well-rounded mix of work environments. The role will involve significant travel across the world, including predominantly the Far East and Europe, and possibly the USA and Central and South America.
- Some experience of auditing is required (such as statutory company audits, compliance audits, tax, dispute analysis and/or fraud investigations).
- The candidate should ideally be fluent in Japanese.
- As well as working as part of a team, some of the audits will be carried out alone, so the candidate must be confident to travel and meet new people in unfamiliar countries. The candidate must be able to think on his/her feet and adapt to new situations.
- The candidate must be self-motivated and well organised, as much work will be carried out unsupervised, and there will be numerous live audits at a time - therefore they must be good at multi-tasking and working under deadline pressure.
- Good communication skills are essential (face-to-face, telephone and written). Strong Microsoft Excel skills and experience of report writing would be an advantage.
- No minimum qualifications are required but we envisage the role would suit a qualified ACA/ACCA. Candidates with a law, business consulting and/or procurement background would also find their experience to date suitable and transferable for the requirements of this role.
- Salary: Competitive
- Group Life Cover
- 22 days holiday on commencement
- Buying and Selling Holiday Scheme
- PHI (Permanent Health Insurance)
- Contributory Private Health Scheme
- Non-Contributory Health Cash Plan
- Season Ticket Loan (after qualifying period)
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Pension Scheme
- Cycle voucher scheme