|Job Title:||Consolidation Accountant|
|Salary:||£50000 - £60000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Lucas Mehlhopt|
|Job Published:||June 25, 2019 17:02|
- A newly created position as a consolidation accountant within an oil & gas business in West London.
- Supporting the technical accounting & consolidation activities, with responsibility for statutory accounts
My client is a growing Oil & Gas business currently undergoing very significant changes to the organisation. The role is newly created and one they see as key to the continued success of the organisation.
The position itself is highly technical in nature and will be supporting the technical accounting & consolidation activities. This person would be supporting monthly consolidation processes, preparing statutory accounts (with responsibility for multiple standalone statutory accounts). Additionally, you would be reviewing and advising stakeholders about technical accounting treatment of complex queries and transactions.
Your duties would include the following:
Provide technical guidance to the group and support the Consolidation Manager on technical projects
* Perform monthly eliminations and review statutory accounting adjustments
* Support and advise on technical accounting compliance with IFRS at month end as and when these issues arise
* Assist with preparation of statutory and group consolidated accounts under IFRS and Companies Act
* Support the process for the implementation of new accounting standards
* Support maintaining and reviewing group accounting policies
* Assist with judgement paper and technical issues log process
* Prepare statutory accounts
* Apply IFRS to technical accounting scenarios to assess appropriate treatment
* Responsible for several reporting requirements, including:
* Preparation of monthly consolidated and standalone company accounts
* Assist with the preparation of half yearly and annual reporting packages
* Responsible for the preparation of external reporting returns
* Appropriate compliance, controls and ensuring integrity of processes
* Assist with technical training activities across the Group
* Respond to queries from across the group and assist the wider finance team including the A&R Manager and Financial Controller, Corporate with ad-hoc tasks
* Liaise with external auditors on technical accounting and statutory reporting issues
The successful candidate will:
- Hold a professional accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) and ideally have 1 year + PQE
- Have a great IFRS knowledge & understanding of application
- Have significant statutory accounts preparation experience
- Have strong attention to detail & ability to multi-task at a high level.
- Ideally a knowledge or experience of SAP.
I have a competitive salary and package on offer for the successful candidate. If this consolidation accountant role is of interest it's worth having a discussion!
Consolidation Accountant / Energy & Natural Resources / Feltham area.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£38000.00 - £45000.00 per annum
£65000 - £70000 per annum + 15% bonus, 10% pension
£15.00 - £25.00 per hour
Financial Accountant (Energy Investment)
£50000.00 - £55000.00 per annum + bonus
Management Accountant (Renewable Energy)
£45000.00 - £55000.00 per annum + bonus