|Job Title:||Company Accountant|
|Salary:||45000 - 45000|
|Contact Name:||Emma Simpson|
|Job Published:||January 24, 2020 14:02|
Part time Qualified accountant required to run a small family owned property business with offices in central St Albans.
We are a small friendly, long-established family-owned property limited company with its offices in St Albans. The company has a portfolio of office and industrial properties in Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire with a rent roll of £1million+ per annum. We also own a subsidiary company in Croatia which owns three apartments in Dubrovnik. The company accountant who is also the company secretary is retiring. She is also responsible for the management of three charitable trusts of which family members are trustees.
You will be a qualified accountant with experience of property investment and management who will take on the roles of company accountant, company secretary and secretary of the charities.
The key attributes for this role are:
- Qualified ACA/ACCA with at least 5 years’ post qualification experience;
- Experience of working in or with the UK property industry;
- Excellent analytical and organisational skills;
- Excellent written reporting and verbal communication skills;
- Advanced Excel skills and Sage pay roll;
- Flexible in working approach and able to work in a small team environment;
- Sympathetic approach to the charitable sector.
About the role
The office based role is part time for 20 hours a week and we can offer flexible working hours. You will run the business on a day to day basis working closely with the directors and shareholders. You will be assisted by a part time administrator.
You will be based in pleasant air-conditioned offices in the centre of St Albans.
The role would suit somebody with a proven track record in accountancy, and preferably within the property sector. As we are a small business the work can be very varied, it is a great opportunity for someone who wants flexibility and can adapt well to a variety of situations.
Your core responsibilities will be:
- Day to day invoice processing, book-keeping and banking, payments and receipts.
- Liaison with investment managers
- Preparation and submission to HMRC of VAT and monthly salaries
- Prepare and monitor cash flow forecasts
- Annual accounts preparation, submission to Companies House and liaison with auditors
- Company administration and preparation of board papers, attend meetings and prepare minutes
- Liaison as and when required on matters connected with their properties and rents.
- Rent reviews and new leases – liaison with tenants, surveyors and solicitors.
- Preparation of service charge accounts and invoices and dealing with queries
- Dealing with additional work connected with developments including liaison with construction companies, project managers and quantity surveyors.
- Monitoring and reporting on project costs.
- Understand development appraisal methods
- Day to day book-keeping, bank reconciliations, annual accounts preparation and liaison with auditors
- Preparation of trustee meeting papers, attend meetings and prepare minutes
- Submission of accounts to Charities Commission
- Day to day office management.
An annual salary circa £45,000 for 20 hours per week.
25 days annual leave plus 8 Bank Holidays pro-rated
The closing date for applications is February 14th 2020
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£40k - 45k per year
£75000.00 - £80000.00 per annum + excellent benefits
£38000.00 - £40000.00 per annum + excellent benefits
£55000 - £65000 per annum