Commercial Financial Controller
|Job Title:||Commercial Financial Controller|
|Location:||Elland, West Yorkshire|
|Salary:||£45000.00 - £50000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Catherine Hill|
|Job Published:||October 15, 2019 20:41|
Commercial Financial Controller Elland
Your new company
A profitable, growing and successful PE backed manufacturing business based in the Elland area.
Your new role
As Commercial Financial Controller you will report to the UK Head of Finance you will be responsible for leading a team of 4 and will take responsibility for the day to day running of the UK finance department. You will be expected to control the financial figures within the ERP system producing timely and accurate analysis on a regular basis.
- Day to day running of a busy finance department including a team of 4
- Responsibility for and control of the financial figures within the ERP system including all costs and "housekeeping" of orders.
- Full responsibility for the production/review of Month End reporting pack to tight deadlines including group reporting
- Responsible for development of the team
- Review of the month end management pack with senior team members and group
- Responsibility for all areas of the balance sheet and knowledge of those accounts at all times
- Full knowledge of the financial processes which impact on the accounts
- Main point of contact for the external auditors
- Responsibility for all areas of tax - corporation, VAT, PAYE, P11Ds
- Management of the company fleet
- Production of financial reports as necessary (KPIs)
- Responsibility for ensuring all revenue is captured in the appropriate period
- Ad-hoc reporting as requested by team members especially in with regard to cost saving opportunities
- Improvements within all financial processes
- Responsibility for daily cashflow
- Recording of KPIs including production levels, labour, sales, customer service and others
- Detailed knowledge of Sales SKUs and cost drivers
Other duties as required including occasional help within the factory
As part of the Operational leadership team you will provide commercial support to all areas of the business.
What you'll need to succeed
You will be a qualified accountant ideally with experience gained in a manufacturing environment including thorough control of costs. Previous responsibility for variance analysis and communication of this analysis to non financial departments Generating analytical reports comparing current performance versus planned, recommending actions to get to planned performance. Production/Review of financial reports including month end reporting packs to tight deadlines. Close down of years trading, balancing of ledgers, WIP and production of annual Statutory Accounts with Auditors. Experience of cashflow management. Preferable experience of an EDI system with a large retailer. Detailed knowledge of VAT rules and returns Previous experience of budget preparation. Proven track record of implementing process change. Knowledge of continuous improvement tools and techniques. Proven track record of communicating and working with non-finance staff. Experience of dealing with external stakeholders including bank and auditors. Ideally experience of being the main point of contact for the external audit team. Ability and desire to learn new ideas/techniques Qualified member of an accounting body (ACCA/CIMA/ICAEW). Confident with Excel skills (Vlookups, basic macros) which can be further developed. Knowledge of all finance functions (purchase ledger, sales ledger, general ledger)
What you'll get in return
A highly competitive salary and benefits package.
An opportunity to gain exposure to all aspects of a business and to have a real impact on the profitability of the organisation.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£50000.00 - £65000.00 per annum
Hailsham, East Sussex
£55000.00 - £85000.00 per annum + pension
£75000 - £85000 per annum + Car allowance + bonus potential
Group Financial Controller
£55000 - £70000 per annum
Temp to perm Financial Controller
£50000.00 - £60000.00 per annum