28 days ago
Hays Senior Finance
Hays Senior Finance are supporting an established Public Sector organisation based in Gloucestershire in the recruitment of a Commercial Finance Manager to join their growing organisation.
Reason for role
To provide commercial insight and technical financial skills to support the organisation with achieving its objectives. As the Commercial Finance Manager, you will partner with Heads of Service and senior managers in your business areas to provide commercial insight and technical financial skills, supporting delivery of growth initiatives, process improvement and appraising commercial opportunities.
* Advising, guiding and influencing business managers on the management of financial challenges and opportunities
* Undertaking financial modelling, scenario planning, business case preparation to support effective decision making and improving business performance.
* Appraising profitability of subsidiaries and assisting the business manager with calculating contract pricing to ensure profitability of new contracts
* Providing advice and guidance for the AD Assets on all financial aspects of asset management including ownership of the fixed assets register and component accounting
* Leading on the forecasting and budgeting process for the Organisation * Effectively managing relationships with business managers and other stakeholders
* Owning, preparing and delivering business performance insight and reporting, ensuring outputs are easily understood and fit for use
* Collaborating with both finance and operational colleagues to identify, investigate and implement remedial action to address issues impacting on financial and business performance
* Inputting into the financial statements process including preparing and validating financial results and notes to the accounts
* Managing and motivating direct reports to successfully achieve agreed objectives
* Inputting into statutory, regulatory or other external reporting as required
* Overseeing and accountable for financial activity, reporting and practices for specified areas of the business ensuring they are subject to regular review.
* Preparing and utilising bench marking data to drive efficiencies and understand business drivers
* Identifying continuous improvement opportunities
* Being a point of contact for auditors and other external stakeholders
* Being the liaison into finance to meet the needs of the business
* Distribution and presentation of financial performance to business managers.
* Developing and delivering training materials in order to up skill and train the financial literacy of managers across the business areas.
* The support and guidance of operational teams and budget holders in financial decision making, whilst developing their financial awareness.
* Monitoring and evaluating financial information systems, suggesting and driving forward improvements where needed.
* Being a core team member of any group wide projects impacting on the division's operation
This is a fantastic and broad role for a candidate who is looking to make a real difference, whilst driving improvement and change. Offering a competitive package.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.