22 days ago
Hays Senior Finance
Fixed term contract - Commercial Finance Manager - Gloucester
My client an establish FMCG business based on the outskirts of Gloucester are looking to recruit for an experienced Commercial Finance Manager to support their growing business.
You will be responsible for leading the delivery of Financial Targets through Analytical Insights & reporting; supporting accurate decision making to maximise profits. Working closely with the Commercial Planning, Marketing, Sales and Finance teams - the role requires the individual to provide clear and strong financial challenge to the Sales and Commercial Teams and day-to-day support to the Management Team in improving business performance and developing and delivering agreed business plans.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the development of financial/business plans for your brand and ensure agreed plans are reflected in individual team forecasts and budgets with appropriate KPIs identified and reported to monitor achievement
- Support the delivery of the detailed budgeting & forecasting process, which includes working with P&Ls and team leaders as appropriate to provide in-depth analysis of revenue streams, costs base, risks and opportunities
- Evaluate, challenge and build business cases to support key proposals and ensure appropriate post-investment appraisal and monitoring - specifically own and develop evaluation of key promotions
- Supporting the right choices - Driving sustainable growth and achievement of profit targets.
- Influence easy decision making through insightful analysis and efficient processes.
- Issue accurate, relevant and timely reports.
- Challenge periodic delivery vs. budget & forecast.
Financial Performance & Control
- Support and challenge the Business to drive delivery of forecast and budget commitments
- Identify opportunities to improve performance and work with business to develop clear plans to achieve these including the monitoring of delivery
- Accrual & provision management for the business
- Help finance teams to educate, communicate and embed a culture of financial discipline and control within the business - incl. forecast accuracy and spend reconciliations
- Play a key role in helping to deliver reporting and analysis that is straightforward, insightful, supports decision making and drives performance
- Identifying trends through promotion evaluations
- Communicating actionable insights; trends, best practice, knowledge; to wider commercial team
- Providing financial leadership to Head of Departments with broad commercial focus ensuring that decision making is congruent with company objectives.
Ideally you will be a qualified Accountant with a background within FMCG, however will consider candidates who are QBE with the relevant experience. This is an exciting company going through a period of growth, which in turn will create opportunities to develop skills. Offering a competitive salary and benefits package.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.