Commercial Finance Manager
|Job Title:||Commercial Finance Manager|
|Contact Name:||Tim Hand|
|Job Published:||October 02, 2019 07:53|
Due to an internal move our global client, based in Wiltshire, are looking to add a Commercial Finance Manager to one of the key areas of their business.
Our client is a global leader and innovator in their field. Following continued growth they are heavily investing in finance, creating new opportunities for both internal employees and new professionals looking to join the business. Due to an internal move, an opportunity has arisen for a Commercial Finance Manager to join a key division of the company. The role, based in Wiltshire, will require interaction with commercial teams on a daily basis.
The Commercial Finance Manager will have the following accountabilities and responsibilities:
Business partner to key GB stake holders:
- Pro-active support in joint business planning, including creation and on going tracking of terms and customer P&Ls.
- Develop deep commercial understanding across GB B2C, with an awareness of customers' strategic roles.
- Identify drivers of Gross Margin delivery, providing value-adding insight to optimise plans.
- Maintain continuous dialogue and collaboration with national account managers, guiding them through internal processes and up skilling their financial expertise.
- Aligning key stakeholders to risks and opportunities where appropriate.
Lead monthly business planning cycle within GB division:
- Provide toolkits, planning assumptions and timelines, and lead customer business reviews to ensure accurate bottom-up plans delivered for monthly GB LE meetings.
- Provide pre-reads and active participation in LE meetings to influence decision making.
- Continuous Anaplan support, escalating issues and feedback to governance board when required.
- Maintenance of master data where required.
Manage terms governance, trade promotions and pricing processes:
- Apply "pay-for-performance" principles to terms, holding customers to account and escalating where appropriate.
- Minimise value of outstanding customer deductions.
- Support in development of new customer terms, providing data driven insight to optimise investments.
- Ensure compliance to global delegated authorities matrix.
- Develop improvements to terms processes, driving transparency and simplicity.
Monthly end financial reporting:
- Management of customer spend, through rebate module and month end journal postings, accurate to product level.
- Quantification of further risks and opportunities.
- Variance analysis of actuals to plan.
Fulfil other duties
- Identify and drive process improvements along the order-to-cash cycle.
- Provide ad-hoc analysis and information as necessary.
Key skills/competencies required:
- Experience of business partnering commercial team.
- Track record of analysis in a business and financial environment.
- Qualified Accountant (ACA / ACCA / CIMA).
- Cross-functional project delivery.
- Strong analytical skills, conversant with market research and data sources.
- Good presentation and persuasive skills.
- Commercial mind-set.
- Strong and influential customer facing and cross functional communicator.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to deliver under pressure and to tight deadlines whilst maintaining quality
- Objective, enthusiastic, committed, flexible.
- Self-motivated, independent, dynamic and results-driven.
- Experience of SAP, Business Warehouse, Anaplan would be advantageous.
- Excel skills including pivot tables, lookups.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Senior Commercial Finance Analyst
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Bonus & Bens
£45000 - £60000 per annum
Stock Finance Manager
£50000 - £60000 per annum + Bonus & Excellent Bens
Group Finance Manager
Birmingham, West Midlands
£45000 - £50000 per annum
Finance Manager - Growing Business
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Bonus