Commercial Accounting Manager/Business Partner
|Job Title:||Commercial Accounting Manager/Business Partner|
|Salary:||£45000.00 - £60000.00 per annum + 25 days + bank holidays, 10% bonus|
|Contact Name:||Arthur Blyth|
|Job Published:||January 02, 2020 15:54|
Excellent opportunity to join a market leading logistics company seeking to appoint a Commercial Accountant
Your new company
I'm delighted to be working with a market leading, multi-award winning logistics company, operating nationally with sites across Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire and Yorkshire.
Your new role
This is an exciting opportunity to join an established and committed finance team, ideally suited to an individual keen to operate in a role across multiple local sites, working with various operational teams with ultimate responsibility for the output of management information of two small finance teams.
This role is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced accountant wishing to further their career in a growing and diverse Group of companies. The role will report to an off-site based Head of Management Accounts, working closely with the sites' management teams to provide high quality P&L analyses, challenge and improve processes, and build relationships to ensure a thorough understanding of the customer contracts and key site cost drivers.
As part of the role, you will:
- Manage and develop two small finance teams across three sites
- Oversee and review the weekly P&L reporting
- Provide weekly costing support and submit KPI information as required
- Oversee and review monthly management accounts for all profit centres, providing support to team as required
- Attend customer meetings as finance lead
- Review and understand commercial agreements (a mixture of open and closed book)
- Produce MI to various external and internal stakeholders
- Lead annual budget process and periodic forecasting for those P&Ls responsible
- Invoice and credit control customers and update Company cash forecast
- Understanding of key finance processes including stakeholder self-bill, customer invoicing, purchase ordering, petty cash etc., to name a few.
- Numerous ad-hoc reports and project tasks as required from the Head of Management Accounts or General Managers
- Regular updates to Head of Management Accounts and be a key member of the business unit Finance/Accounts team
What you'll need to succeed
You will need to show determination to find efficiencies and be able to manage multiple deliverables and stakeholders. The role is split across 3 sites with a main base in Chesterfield.
Key skills required for this role will be advanced Excel with some previous financial modelling experience, alongside a recognised accountancy qualification (CIMA preferred however not essential).
You will also have the following personal skills:
- Excellent people skills and proven management ability
- Very commercially minded
- Experienced in management accounts and budget / forecast preparation
- Ability to manage various stakeholder expectations and deliverables
- Clear and succinct communicator at all levels
- Good team-player with the drive to see tasks through to completion and meet deadlines set
- An enquiring mind that isn't afraid to question and take initiative, looking for constant development and improvement of procedures
- Experience in logistics would be beneficial
- Excellent attention to detail
What you'll get in return
You will be working for a truly forward thinking group of companies with a competitive package:
- 8.30am - 5pm Monday - Friday working hours
- 25 days + statutory holiday allowance
- Salary negotiable depending on experience c.£50,000 per annum
- 10% bonus
- 4x Life Assurance
- Other company benefits
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Senior Commercial Financial Analyst
£50000.00 - £55000.00 per annum + bonus
Crawley, West Sussex
Up to £45000 per annum
£238 - £55000.00 per annum
Senior Internal Auditor
Senior Financial Accountant (Transport)
£60000.00 - £65000.00 per annum + bonus