Up to £257.00 per day
10 days ago
Hays Senior Finance
Commercial Accountant/ Management Accountant to appraise finance business cases in the education sector.
Your new role
Commercial Accountant / Management Accountant - Qualified
West Midlands - Remote working available
3-6 months contract
You will be responsible for applying specialist financial management, accounting and analytical skills to review applications from organisations seeking to operate in the education sector. This includes making judgements and recommendations about the financial viability of organisations, to inform operational decision making.
- Financial and commercial review of organisation business plans and proposals to make recommendations for recognition decisions.
- Review business plans and proposals - Research additional information - Synthesise different sources to form a judgement about financial viability and articulate recommendations - Provide verbal and written explanation of findings - Involvement in direct feedback to stakeholders and external organisations
- Apply specialist knowledge of company financing, commercial arrangements and economic implications, combined with judgement and problem-solving skills, to provide a financial perspective on operational regulatory questions
- Provide expert analysis (where required) and advice to the organisation on financial issues, in ways that are relevant and accessible to non-experts, to inform decision making and planned regulatory activities
What you'll need to succeed
- Qualified Accountant - CIMA, ACCA, ICAEW
Experience of management accountancy
- Perhaps some commercial finance / private sector experience to complement
- Experience of appraising finance business cases for financial viability
- Driving the delivery of business and corporate plans for your own areas of responsibility.
- Managing individuals or teams through line management and/or matrix management arrangements as required, ensuring under performance is managed and adequate resourcing is planned to meet objectives.
- Initiating continuous improvement in your own areas of responsibility.
- Taking a proactive approach to risk management, ensuring any risks and issues identified are addressed and reported and, where appropriate, escalated.
- Managing delegated resources (eg budgets, equipment and contracts) as appropriate, to ensure value for money.
- Being fully aware of and actively complying with organisational policies and procedures relevant to your own responsibilities and to corporate policies and procedures including equality, sustainability and the environment, health and safety and data protection.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.