16 days ago
Michael Page are partnering with a leading consumer business on a commercial accountant opportunity. This is a highly commercial role offering great progression opportunities and the chance to help drive the success of some of the world's biggest brands.
A world leading consumer business with operations in over 60 countries and a portfolio of well known brands. Based in Slough with a large UK office and employing approximately 40,000 people worldwide. The business offers great long-term career progress opportunities, with the people being at the heart of this company's success.
The Commercial Accountant will be a strong Business Partner with the UK marketing team providing a high level of financial support, challenge and control with commercial decision making. Taking ownership and accountability for driving brand success, with a real opportunity to make an individual mark on a globally renowned organisation. Ensuring that finance is represented with a strong focus on driving growth & profitability.
The role will involve review of trade and marketing investment structures across brands to maximise profitability. Tracking and management of budgets and spend with the responsibility to challenge where returns on spend are not achieved. Business partnering with the category teams to deliver the annual plan & quarterly forecasts cycles.
The Commercial accountant will work with the team to develop new tools and systems to improve the return on marketing investment, as well as performing key tasks to ensure that reporting is both timely and accurate.
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- Strong commercial acumen, with previous commercial or business partnering experience in an FMCG/consumer industry
- A driven individual with a desire to work with a high level of autonomy and looking to progress in their care
- Proven track record of building relationships outside of the finance function with well-developed communication skills
- Confident at the challenging the status quo and both influencing and challenging decisions at a senior management level
- Advanced Excel skills with experience of scenario modelling
- Competitive salary
- Generous car allowance
- 10-15% bonus
- Company Pension scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Great development and progression opportunities