35000 - 49000
26 days ago
As a Team Leader in our delivery team, reporting directly to our CEO, it will be your responsibility to drive quality, delivery and expertise in your area. Using your skills effectively, you’ll be able to identify and solve problems whilst supporting the client relationship directors to deliver a five star service to our clients, and our wider company goals and objectives.
The successful candidate should have the ability to effectively communicate across the business to both technical and non-technical stakeholders about both commercial and technical accounting issues and the rationale for the delivery prioritisation.
To ensure the core services of book-keeping, management accounts, and our flagship product ‘Insights’ are delivered to plan and to a pre-defined quality standard. Also to embrace and further drive the use of technology and a deeper understanding of core apps within the team in line with strategic business objectives.
The key responsibilities and duties of the role are:
- Overall accountability for planning and delivering to plan for reconciliation and management reporting products including, but not constrained to, standard management accounts, bespoke management accounts, and our Insights product potentially using a number of different apps, for example fathom or fluidly.
- Managing and coaching year end team members (currently a headcount of 8), including management of the quarterly review process.
- Implementing and controlling quality standards in the deliverables area (working with a Client Relationship Director accountable for these standards).
- Participating in product development to assist with delivery of the Blu Sky product road Map, anticipating what our clients need and want.
- Reviewing deliverables within the team to ensure a consistent high quality of work.
- Longer term, potentially managing a small portfolio of clients, closely working with these clients to build the relationship.
Skills - Essential
- The ideal candidate would have spent time within a similar team leader position in an accounting practice or has been in a technical or client facing role and is now keen to expand their management, communication and collaboration skills.
- Organised, with excellent personal time management skills.
- Strong planning skills, quickly able to process, synthesise and reason about information in order to prioritise and define delivery requirements.
- Excellent oral, written, presentation, and interpersonal communication.
- Strong knowledge of production of management acconuts and an understanding of the impact of high-quality reconciliation.
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles and VAT.
- A desire to self-research (supported by CPD) to continue to be on top of the game technically
- Experience in mentoring and coaching junior team members.
Skills - Optional
As a bonus, it would be great if you had:
- Experience using Xero, Dext, Fathom, or similar cloud accountancy software.
- Experience in change management and delivery.
Key Performance Indicators
The role is measured against the following KPI’s:
- Average completion time for management acconuts accounts
- Quality Scores
- Employee engagement (measurables needed for all 3)
We can be flexible for the right person, the offer made will be dependent on experience.
The Holidays and Benefits
- Competitive Salary plus 25 days of annual leave, plus a ‘special occasions day’.
- Commitment to growing your professional development and a training budget to support that commitment.
- Eligibility for our flexible working arrangement, giving you the power to manage your time and place of work.
If you pass one stage, you will proceed to the next. We try to give feedback to you if your application is unsuccessful but this is not always possible. Phase 2 is as much about giving you the opportunity to find out as much as possible about us and our company as it is about us finding out about you and your capabilities. We want you to be as excited about joining Blu Sky as we are about being here! With that philosophy in mind, we will be running the following selection process to ensure that each candidate is given a comprehensive view of what we are all about:
- Screening - We will review your application
- Stage One - Initial interview with two senior team members
- If stage one is successful, the completion of an online behavioral competency questionnaire
- Stage Two - A brief (15 minute) presentation to be delivered to the senior management team ahead of the stage three interview
- Stage Three - Interview with the senior team where we can discuss the results of the presentation and you can ask any further questions
- Stage Four Interview with one of our founders.