from £45,000 per annum depending on experience, plus pension and medical
20 days ago
Liric Chartered Accountants
We are looking for an ambitious qualified accountant to join our team as a client manager.
We are a forward-thinking accountancy firm based near Royston, (on the borders of South Cambs and North Hertfordshire). We have adapted to the changing working environment during the Covid period and as such feel this role could be carried out by the right candidate working from home. Local location to us is therefore not of utmost importance but we would be looking for some office presence on an ad-hoc basis.
Working with the management team, the successful candidate will have a major part to play in managing and developing the practice. This is a client facing role, and the successful candidate must be able to evidence excellent organisational and communication skills and an ability to mentor and efficiently review the work of junior team members.
Longer term this position offers the opportunity for partnership/ownership in this firm. As a small business, we have a hands-on culture, with the need to become involved in all aspects of our clients needs and our practice processes.
- ACA/ACCA qualified
- Essential that you have a positive attitude and a strong work ethic and can work well as part of a team
- Experience of working in Practice
- Commitment to delivering outstanding customer service
- Able to work independently, with experience to manage and develop the practice.
- Be confident and able to communicate effectively with the clients
The Key responsibilities for this position are:
- Managing and day to day servicing of a portfolio of SME businesses
- Accounts Preparation
- Production of monthly management accounts
- VAT Returns
- Payroll and bookkeeping when required
- Supervision, training and development of junior team members
- Review of accounts and other work undertaken by our offshore partners and junior team members
- Providing proactive Tax and Accounting advice to our clients
- Developing internal systems and processes
The successful applicant for this position will have the following key experience and skills:
- Significant experience in accounts preparation and tax within an accountancy practice
- Demonstrable working knowledge of accounting standards and their application
- Good awareness of skill requirements of staff at various levels to ensure work undertaken by appropriate individual
- Strong communication skills in order to liaise with clients, team and other professionals
- Previous experience of management and motivation of team to ensure best performance
- Strong organisational skills to ensure needs of clients and team are all met
- Commercial awareness with a strong understanding of clients and their businesses
- Results orientated to meet and exceed client expectations, be motivated to deliver high quality work that consistently meet internal and external client deadlines
- Strong IT skills including detailed knowledge of Microsoft Office packages (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience of working with Xero and other connected apps
- As a practice we use TaxCalc and Senta and experience of these would be useful
- Experience of and desire to get involved in business development activities including the preparation of proposal documents and proposal presentations