13 days ago
Excellent career progression prospects on offer at a growing firm for an experienced, ambitious individual.
A leading accountancy practice based in Newport undergoing continued and sustained positive expansion and growth. The firm and Client Manager role provides genuine prospects for long-term career progression, development and Partner opportunities.
The key responsibilities for this Client Manager position at a leading accountancy firm based in Newport are:
- Manage a client portfolio including limited companies, sole traders, partnerships and individuals.
- Oversee and manage all aspects of client's service delivery including preparation of year-end accounts, management accounts, bookkeeping, VAT etc and value-added services assignments.
- Act as a main point of contact within the firm for clients, keeping them informed of progress in relation to all aspects of service delivery and maintaining regular contact with them.
- Review work completed by junior team members and resolving all issues prior to Partner review.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with new and existing clients.
- Ability to multi-task and complete assignments within time constraints and set deadlines.
- Reporting directly to a Partner.
- Working and liaising with other members in the Business Services team and colleagues in other departments as necessary to provide high quality client service.
- Develop, retain and motivate junior members of staff and assist in the management of the overall Business Services team on a day-to-day basis.
- Knowledgeable of firm's services and able to cross sell those services into the client base.
In order for candidates to be successful when applying for this Client Manager role at a leading accountancy firm in Newport, you must be:
- ACCA/ACA qualified or equivalent with at least 2 years post-qualification experience.
- Have proven experience of working in a practice environment.
- Experience of managing a client portfolio.
- Have a proven track record of establishing and maintaining strong client relationships.
- Have a proactive approach to problem solving and delivering client solutions.
- Be a motivated individual and able to work alone or as part of a team.
- The ability to take responsibility and use own initiative to resolve problems and issues.
- Ability to communicate clearly with colleagues and clients at all levels.
- Strong organisation and planning skills and attention to detail.
- The ability to positively embrace changes and new challenges.
- Experience of using cloud-based accounting software packages, such as Sage, Xero, Receipt Bank, Auto Entry etc.
- Experience of CCH products desirable but not essential.
- Hold a full and clean driving licence.
Competitive and negotiable salary and benefits package.
Great office location.
Well established, supportive team.