£49,700 - 56,524 per year + £5,000 accountancy allowance
22 days ago
The Government Property Agency (GPA) was launched as an Executive Agency of the Cabinet Office in 2018. The GPA represents a step change in the way that Government property estate and assets are managed efficiently, by providing innovative and flexible solutions across the Government estate. Our core service is to support departments in business change and workforce transformation. The GPA is the place to be for UK’s leading professionals in estates, commercial, project management and beyond.
The Government Property Agency is expected to grow exponentially over the first few years of its existence; this equates to transferring hundreds of assets (worth billions of pounds) onto its balance sheet from Government Departments, as well as gaining responsibility for the running of a large part of the central government office estate.
With a strong focus on improving the GPA’s customer service offering, the Client Finance Manager will be responsible for providing financial management and reporting services to a portfolio of clients, delivering excellent financial reporting and property accounting to new and existing customers alike. The postholder will have full responsibility for all aspects of financial services delivery for existing and prospective clients including budgets, forecasts and client liaison. GPA do much of this work with a mix of in-house and Managed Service Partner provision. GPA is in the process of transferring more to the MSP so the role will evolve from overseeing staff to assuring the output from our contractor, and the client engagement work will increase also.
The responsibilities of the Client Finance Manager will include:
- Delivering budgets and forecasts for each client, property and tenancy, using complex data from the MRI Horizon general ledger and other systems, Hyperion and Excel and tools to provide accurate and meaningful financial information.
- Being accountable for financial control over property services accounting, ensuring high levels of client satisfaction by providing accurate forecasting, explanations and billing.
- Maintaining a focus on process improvement, including planning and establishing new systems and processes for quarterly financial reporting to ensure clients understand their costs and bills, delivering an ongoing service that meets and exceeds expectations.
- Being the key liaison between senior finance and property staff for client meetings, involving being acutely aware of the customers’ needs and acting upon them, and being proactive in problem solving and finding solutions.
- Leading a small team of management accountants, overseeing their work in management accounting and project accounting to ensure their property accounting is accurate and timely.
- Leading the service delivery to clients alongside management accountants and other colleagues, supporting the growth of the GPA, and matching resources to client demand.
Key Skills and Experience
- Be a CCAB (or equivalent) qualified accountant in a recognised professional body
- Have experience in client finance, including reporting to clients, managing systems and processes, working in partnership with clients to deliver results
- Be proficient in Microsoft Excel, able to manipulate complex data sets
- Have experience with property management systems such as MRI Horizon, Yardi Voyager, or similar systems, in addition to Excel and Hyperion (or similar) for financial reporting.
- Ideally have experience in the property industry within medium to large organisations where customer service is a priority
- Ideally have experience managing a small team
For more information, apply via the link or contact Stuart Thomson or Katie Wilson-Smith at our retained search agent, Robertson Bell. Please note the closing date for applications is Sunday 24th January 2021.