£35000 - £40000 per annum
11 days ago
Client Accountant - Real Estate. Our Client is an established property management company. They currently manage a significant residential property portfolio consisting of new build developments and existing blocks. They are now seeking a Client Accountant to join their prestigious property accounting team. The Role will include (but will not be limited to) the following duties:
- Having overall responsibility of maintaining and monitoring healthy cash flow and preparing action plans to ensure healthy cash flow is re-established.
- Preparing year end pack including extended trial balance, expenditure to date, debtors and creditors listings.
- Submitting the draft accounts to client for approval and to answer any queries they may have.
- Providing support to Estate Managers in the preparation of the service charge budget for each financial year.
- Raising annual insurance charges as per calculations when not billed through the service charge.
- Preparing financial reports at the request of the client and any subsequent ad-hoc billing.
- Preparing closing reports, closing trial balance, bank reconciliation and answering any queries that may rise from the new agent when handing a property over.
- Completing the year end accounts within 4 months of the year end.
- Billing any void charges to the developer.
- Identifying any accruals and prepayments.
- Reviewing actual expenditure and preparing a variance report on an accruals basis in line with company SLA's.
- Administering quarterly payments of ground rent, insurance, etc. to landlords where required.
- Ensuring that all debtors and creditors listings agree to the trial balance.
- Analysing set up information and preparing and implementing an opening Trial Balance.
- Reviewing opening balances and reconciling to previous set of accounts.
- Raising balancing charges and issuing accounts to leaseholders.
- Raising one-off tenant demands such as recharges and CHP as and when required.
- Helping with reconciliation of sub bank accounts on a monthly basis.
- Promptly investigating and responding to any account queries that may arise from the preparation of the draft accounts.
- Submitting client statements, trail balance and client reports on a monthly basis.
- Reconciling funding requests - Responsible for budgeting, cash flow forecasting.
The Person must have recent / current experience of working as a Client / Service Charge accountant within a residential block management company. Having a working knowledge of Trial Balances and understanding of balance sheets and being able to deal with any suspense items arising on the Balance Sheet is essential. The incumbent must have a working knowledge of double entry book keeping and understand multi-schedule budgeting. Experience of using a property management system such as QUBE, TRAMPS, YARDI (or similar) will be advantageous.
Please visit our website to view all our vacancies. Follow us on Twitter or on LinkedIn or like us on Facebook