CIB - Investment Banking - Analyst
|Job Title:||CIB - Investment Banking - Analyst|
|Job Published:||January 24, 2021 15:15|
Newly Qualified Chartered Accountant or Corporate Finance Experience Required
We are seeking to fill various vacancies within our Investment Banking Industry coverage and Capital Markets teams. In these roles, you will be expected to:
• Support origination efforts and any client engagement initiatives by preparing marketing pitches, presentations or any such analysis that may be required to win a new mandate
• Coordinate with several other teams including mergers and acquisitions, leveraged finance, debt capital markets, equity capital markets, ratings, credit
• Participate in the "full cycle" of transactional execution including preparing marketing pitches, reviewing and formulating financial analysis, preparing and presenting internal committee memoranda and client presentations for use in M&A and capital markets transactions or strategic dialogue
• Develop expertise in the quantitative and analytical practices used to develop strategic, capital structure and valuation recommendations to clients and work along-side senior bankers in providing relationship support and executing transactions
• On transaction execution: support due diligence, document preparation, negotiation etc. and liaise with relevant counterpart(s) at the client/other advisers (accountants, lawyers, etc.)
• Keep abreast of key market developments and establish knowledge of the sector client base and relevant market dynamics
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
· Newly qualified chartered accountant experience from one of the Big Four or prior corporate finance experience from an investment banking front office, or related role. Analyst class entry level will be reflective of experience
· Strong accounting, finance, quantitative and business writing skills
· A well-rounded academic background from a top tier educational institution
· Impeccable communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with senior professionals, clients and key stakeholders in other lines of business
· Being self-directed, highly motivated, and able to work independently
Within Investment Banking, the firm works with a broad range of issuer clients, including corporations, institutions and governments, to provide comprehensive strategic advice, capital raising and risk management expertise. In-depth, industry-specific expertise and regional market acumen enable our industry coverage teams to serve the evolving needs of clients around the world. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term relationships by taking a holistic and forward-looking view and identifying ways to help clients achieve their most important business objectives.
Please upload your Cover Letter and CV when applying for the role.
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team
The Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across investment banking, wholesale payments, markets and securities services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. We provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk and extend liquidity in markets around the world.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's