Chief Operating Officer / Operations Director
|Job Title:||Chief Operating Officer / Operations Director|
|Salary:||£60000 - £100000 per annum + benefits|
|Contact Name:||Paul Urquhart|
|Job Published:||April 03, 2020 10:53|
Fantastic opportunity for a strong COO / leader to work alongside the CEO of this market leading consultancy services business. Real opportunity to play a critical role in future growth,
My exclusive client are a market leading consultancy services business with a head office in Kent, and a presence throughout the UK and Ireland.
They have recently benefited from investment, which alongside the vision and unique skill set of their founder and CEO stands them in very good stead to continue their growth in a critical consultancy market.
The Chief Operating Officer will be responsible for maintaining control of a diverse range of business operations, and as a result you will be an experienced and efficient leader.
You will have excellent people skills as you work with the industry expert consultants and project leaders around the country, with strong business acumen and an exemplary work ethic.
As COO, you will work in partnership with the Finance Director, HR Director and CEO to take responsibility for the operational efficiency of the business, including but not limited to:
- Risk and Compliance
- Health and Safety
This role wll play a critical part in the ongoing and future success of the company and you will be expected to lead by example as you help to develop and implement the strategic plan to push the business into the next stage of its evolution and growth.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- To focus on the quality and technical excellence, which will require you to focus on methodology and competence, support tools and IT. It will also require you to ensure policies and procedures are followed, maintained, communicated and implemented. You will need to consider utilisation, client satisfaction and client longevity.
- You will also be responsible for managing project workload and technical output plus
managing Regional Directors and their teams throughout the UK & Ireland.
You will be a key member of The Board and will contribute to the development of
company management procedures and policies as the company grows and develops
- Design and implement business strategies, plans and procedures
- Set comprehensive goals for performance and growth
- Establish policies that promote company culture and vision
- Oversee daily operations of the company to ensure governance, risk and
- Lead employees to encourage maximum performance and dedication working with
HR to devise employee engagement strategic steer
- Evaluate performance by analysing and interpreting data and metrics
- Write and submit reports to the CEO in all matters of importance
- Participate and lead in expansion activities (investments, acquisitions, mergers)
The role will require you to travel around the UK and Irelnd to ensure:
- Values are embedded throughout the organisation
- Talent management of regional directors and their teams
- Delivery capacity meets demand
- Quality and technical excellence of service
- Thought leadership, innovation and communication
The ideal candidate for this role will meet the following criteria:
- Have proven experience in a COO role or similar
- Understand business functions including HR, Finance and Marketing
- Will have demonstrable experience in strategic planning and business development
- Will have excellent data analysis skills and the ability to review performance through operational metrics
- Will have excellent knowledge of IT and business infrastructures
- Must be an excellent leader and organiser with excellent interpersonal and public speaking skills
- Must have an aptitude for decision making and problem solving
A degree in Business Administration or similar would be advantageous, and an MSC or MBA would be a plus!
Basic salary dependent on experience but will suit driven, commercial and strategic individuals with a background in a similar role.
Salary £70-100K + benefits
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Associate Director, Information Risk Management, IT Audit
Co-opted Member of Audit Committee
£3,000 p.a. 4 Committee meetings + 2 away days per year
City of London, London
£45000.00 - £50000.00 per annum + bonus + benefits
Audit Manager-Financial Audit
Newcastle upon Tyne
£56,536 - £71,657 (Newcastle)
Audit Manager-Financial Audit
£62,755 - £81,857 per annum