Chief Financial Officer - 9 month FTC
|Job Title:||Chief Financial Officer - 9 month FTC|
|Salary:||Up to £86600.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Michal Piszczek|
|Job Published:||February 03, 2020 17:27|
Chief Financial Officer
Organisation: Old Oak and Park Development Corporation
- To be the Chief Finance Officer, undertaking all financial and associated statutory duties
- Lead on the development and implementation of OPDC's financial and budgetary planning, reporting and performance.
- To promote exemplary work practices and compliance with the ODPC's statutory functions and obligations.
- As a member of the Senior Leadership Team contribute to the formulation of the OPDC vision and corporate strategy, providing strategic direction and strong, visible leadership to the Finance function.
- Lead, manage and co-ordinate the accounting, commercial and financial advice functions including the effective leadership and organisation of the Corporation's finance team members.
- Provide advice and where appropriate, management of financial and commercial projects and initiatives and provide financial and budgetary support and information to senior managers and other stakeholders.
- Lead the preparation of the Corporation's budget, including supporting the Corporation's efficiency review programme.
- Provide regular and accurate budgetary and finance reports to the Chief Executive Officer, the Senior Management Team, the Board and the GLA, and ensure that the GLA maintains a balanced budget in accordance with the duties of the Chief Finance Officer under Section 127 of the GLA Act.
- Ensure that budget monitoring information is produced in a user-friendly, regular and timely fashion to support decision-making across the Corporation. To ensure that an appropriate level of challenge is made by Business Accountants to Budget Holders to ensure accurate and realistic monitoring information.
- Ensure that revenue & capital budgets are accurate and up to date and that feeder systems are integrated with the accounting system so that consistent information is available.
- Take responsibility for the closing of the Corporation's accounts in a timely manner and liaison with the Corporation's External Auditor on the annual external audit of the OPDC.
- Work with the GLA's internal audit service and the CEO to prepare, agree and review regular internal audit exercises.
- Provide advice to non-finance colleagues on the OPDC's Budget process and prepare reports, analyses and briefings for these senior managers in the OPDC on relevant financial issues.
- Ensure that the Corporation's financial standing orders, regulations operating manuals, procedures and records are up to date.
- Take lead responsibility for shared services provided by the wider GLA group, ensuring that the services deliver a high quality service to the OPDC.
- Liaise closely with the GLA and the Mayor's Office to ensure that there is close and collaborative liaison on all key matters of interest, including contributing to the regular OPDC/GLA high level liaison meetings and ensuring the effectiveness of governance arrangements.
- Realise the benefits of a flexible approach to work in undertaking the duties and responsibilities of this job and in participating in multi-disciplinary, cross-department and cross-organisational groups and project teams.
- Realising the benefits of London's diversity by promoting and enabling equality of opportunities and promoting the diverse needs and aspirations of London's communities.
- A good working knowledge and understanding of local government finance and the statutory framework for local authority accounting.
- A CCAB or CIMA qualified accountant.
- Extensive senior financial leadership experience in a complex environment, within the public sector
- An in-depth understanding of financial management across multi-disciplinary functions and of budget formulation, setting and monitoring across a number of disparate bodies.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Interim Deputy Chief Risk Officer - 6 Month
Senior Accountant FTC
£40000 - £42000 per annum
Senior Accountancy Officer
£32000 - £37000 per annum
Temporary Financial Analyst
£20 - £22 per annum
Senior Financial Modeller
£47k - 60k per year + + £5,000 Allowance