Chief Finance Officer
|Job Title:||Chief Finance Officer|
|Salary:||£120,000 plus benefits|
|Job Published:||August 20, 2019 16:08|
- Reporting to the Chief Executive and a member of ELT
- Lead and develop the Finance, Information Systems & Purchasing departments
About Our Client
Sue Ryder supports people through the most difficult times of their lives. For over 65 years our doctors, nurses and carers have given people the compassion and expert care they need to help them live the best life they possibly can.
Sue Ryder is a large and complex charity delivering over 3 million hours of care to thousands of people each year in the UK, delivering from 11 care centres and from their community services. Sue Ryder provide specialist end-of-life care and are a leading provider of complex neurological care. They are now also a leading provider of bereavement support through thier online community. Sue Ryder need to raise over £40 million each year to keep their services running.
The Chief Finance Officer, IT & Developments (CFO) will report to the Chief Executive and is a member of the Executive Leadership Team (ELT).
As a member of ELT the CFO leads and develops the interface between management and the Trustees on financial matters and provides sound financial advice to Trustees, the Chief Executive and other senior management colleagues.
The CFO will contribute to commercial synergy by developing business relationships with the Retail, Fundraising and Health & Social care Directorates. The CFO must act as a corporate leader across the organisation by working collaboratively and providing strong and compelling leadership to Staff and Volunteers within and outside of their own Directorate.
- Lead and develop the Finance, Information Systems and Purchasing departments, motivating staff and developing a proactive and positive culture -across bases in Sudbury, Suffolk, London and Doncaster
- Lead development of the finance strategy for the Charity ensuring the income growth and investment plan underpins service development and growth
- Lead development of the organisation IT strategy ensuring a balance of short medium and long term investment that is agile and flexible
- Support the streamlining and simplification of critical processes, and where appropriate and cost effective, enabling those through technology
- Responsible for ensuring capital and investment projects are well managed and deliver sustainable outcomes for the organisation
- Continue to progress the development of the Finance function to develop a collaborative ways of working and culture between teams and how they interface and support the rest of the organisation
- Review and improve control environment across the charity
- Manage the investment portfolio with nominated Trustee.
Critical to Sue Ryder is the mobilising of their new strategy through the development of an effective financial and investment strategy, which will help realise the delivery of their ambitious plans for end-of-life care services and dramatic repositioning of their neurological services.
The Successful Applicant
We are looking for a CCAB Qualified Accountant with a significant track record of leadership as a Finance Director, delivering demonstrable improvement of performance and improvement of services.
You will have proven experience in a number of senior operations managerial roles influencing working effectively cross functionally at a variety of levels and have an in depth understanding and experience in business systems, commercial and contractual arrangements, finance and funding, accounting systems and taxation. Previous experience of leading IT is preferred.
You will have a high level of self-awareness and high level communication and influencing skills are essential to deal effectively with internal and external stakeholders including financial and investor institutions.
Previous experience working in Charity/not for profit is desirable but is not essential. You must however be flexible, enthusiastic and committed and have a strong empathy with the Charity's vision and goals.
What's on Offer
c£120,000 plus benefits.
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPHK14023067Z
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£28k - 30k per year
SENIOR FINANCE OFFICER
Lewes, East Sussex
£38813 - £43684 per annum
Birmingham, West Midlands
£55000 - £60000 per annum
£36000 - £38000 per annum + AMAZING BENEFITS
£45000.00 - £60000 per annum